Author Topic: dandoes FC3S  (Read 7497 times)

Offline dandoe

Re: dandoes FC3S
« Reply #75 on: April 12, 2018, 07:26:49 PM »
Had some issues after getting the car started which turned out to be from the wrong TPS sensor (non turbo engine= TPS rotates backwards). Took 2 weeks to obtain a new one but got to drive her today for the first time. Have some loose ends to tie up but hope to get it registered and mount tires this weekend. youtube video below with shitty videos of my cruising through my subdivision.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline ITSWILL

• Rotary God!!
« Reply #76 on: April 12, 2018, 07:34:08 PM »
Sweet to see it moving!
86 Base LS1 w/100 shot
88 TII 20B T70 turbo

Offline ITSWILL

• Rotary God!!
« Reply #77 on: April 12, 2018, 07:37:20 PM »
 I'm going to be in Dallas tomorrow night picking up my FD we should meet up if possible. Do you still have that 845 area code phone number?
86 Base LS1 w/100 shot
88 TII 20B T70 turbo

Offline dandoe

« Reply #78 on: April 12, 2018, 09:07:35 PM »
I'm going to be in Dallas tomorrow night picking up my FD we should meet up if possible. Do you still have that 845 area code phone number?

Yes, Definitely shoot me a text or call me. I am 35 minutes northwest of dallas, in Denton.

Offline dandoe

« Reply #79 on: May 07, 2018, 06:50:13 PM »
Was able to get some pulls in and drive it for about 200 miles. Upon getting another set of datalogs, i started seeing my fuel pressure dropping when the car was hot and below 1/2 tank. i suspect this is either from the depth the pump is set at, the return line being too close to the pump inlet, or a voltage drop issue between the OEM 18GA wiring and the splices into the AEM 14GA wiring inside the tank. Regardless, i ordered a built2apex dual pump setup and 2 E85 walbro 450 pumps along with a radium fuel pulse dampener and 10micron fuel filter to hopefully be done with the fuel supply system.

Current bay with the chase bays overflow installed

Full interior back in, definitely need to add some sort of heat management sound deadening, it gets hot in the cabin but hoping the hood vent will help extract some of the underhood head. Keep in mind if i didnt run the nice IGN1A coils, the stock hood would clear without any cutting to the outer skin (inner skeleton trimming only).

And rough cuts of the hood vent installed with rivnuts. Will be grafting in the missing vent sections with tighter fitment, painting to match the car.

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
    • Elegant Lady Bridal and Tuxedo
« Reply #80 on: May 08, 2018, 11:37:32 AM »
Looking great. 
"Long Live Rotary"

An RX-7 is like having a slut as a gf! She will love you, but she will also screw around with the guy at the parts store, most of the local cops, your insurance agent, your apex seals, your bank account and your credit card!!!

Offline murz

« Reply #81 on: May 08, 2018, 11:46:59 AM »
Looking good and sounding good. That's some really tight clearance with the hood and the coils. Still breaking it in right now?
1986 AS GXL Turbo swapped
1993 VR R1

Offline dandoe

« Reply #82 on: May 08, 2018, 03:55:18 PM »
Looking good and sounding good. That's some really tight clearance with the hood and the coils. Still breaking it in right now?

Thank you, No not really, we are tuning it on the street and need to do another pull to 5500 at WOT before we make more adjustments and go up to 7K. I have only went WOT once for about 1500RPM total. Have not even cracked these wastegates open yet, currently have a 12PSI spring in them. Going to resolve this fuel pressure issue then continue with tuning and i will get a gopro for some actual pulls and better video.

Offline fidelity101

« Reply #83 on: May 12, 2018, 10:09:36 AM »
I am one of few who love the red interior.

Offline toplessFC3Sman

« Reply #84 on: May 15, 2018, 06:48:45 AM »
It certainly looks badass with the exhaust & wastegate dumps exiting the hood like that - you're probably going to melt the piece that you put on the hood to outline them though. I'm guessing you aren't going to be driving or parking outside in the rain?

Offline dandoe

« Reply #85 on: December 11, 2018, 04:41:45 PM »
Hi guys, hope all is well!
copy/paste from norotors to get this caught up.

pump hanger has landed but i am missing a spacer that mounts the pumps parallel to eachother. made a jegs order with everything i need for this and the power steering setup so hopefully next weekend i can get this thing back together. I have mounted the new Radium fuel filter above the rear diff and it appears that my current fuel lines will work.

Pulled the intake off to install this fuel pulse damper and also found/fixed an oil leak from the CMP sensor. Intake gasket was questionable so i installed a sikky thermalnator phenolic intake gasket which claims to reduce IATs by 25-35*.

Quick update on this thing, i have driven it after replacing the pump and my low fuel pressure issues are resolved of course. However, i am having issues with my aeromotive FPR (which has been having issues from the start) and will be replacing it for a fuellab unit. First issue is with the dual pumps running at idle and off boost, there is too much flow for the aeromotive to handle and it will not go below 50PSI. I know the return port on these is very small and this is an older model, but the regulator also does not pull 1:1 boost reference, nor does it hold pressure once the key is off. I have been reading a lot of horror stories with these units and their quality so i will just replace it and stage my pumps to keep fuel temps down. Other than that, i did beat on it for a bit one day and it is getting pretty quick. I will upload some pulls to youtube later.

Offline dandoe

« Reply #86 on: December 11, 2018, 04:44:50 PM »
Custom ordered a fuellab FPR with the large seat and out of the box my fuel pressure was 35 PSI with both pumps running. Much better compared to the aeromotive which could not drop below 50PSI with the screw turned all the way out. I also pulled the aeromotive apart and the seat looked to be updated from the pictures i found and it was cut correctly however still did not increase FP 1:1 with boost. Fuel pressure is now rock steady and barely fluctuates 1PSI throughout the powerband and raises 1:1 also. Very happy with the fuel lab setup coupled with the radium pulse damper.

With that solved i was able to do some WOT pulls but found i was hitting 19PSI running 15PSI wastegate springs (boost controller not on yet). Swapped down to some 10PSI springs and now im at 13.5PSI which is right at the 14PSI target for my current tune revision. Datalogs sent away and waiting on another revision now. Also got power steering hooked up finally and the car is much more enjoyable to drive. This setup is the stock VVTI PS pump with the solenoid disconnected, excessive manufacturing HP line, -6 conversion fitting and -6 return line, and -10 suction line using a chase bays baffled reservoir. The steering feels good and is not too light at speed yet manageable during low speed turning. From what i remember it is slightly less assist than the OEM steering setup.

Got an alignment done. We only adjusted toe and man what a difference it made. My front had like 2* toe in on the right side. Currently at -5* camber and 1/16” toe in on the front and -2* camber/ 0 toe rear. Car is 10x more smooth and much more enjoyable to drive at speed without the wheel being twitchy and jerking through bumps.

The dallas cars & coffee was having their last event at the current venue so i drove the car the 60 mile round trip. Great turnout at the show and saw some big money hyper cars.

And street tuning for pumpgas is 95% complete, currently at 16PSI and will stop at 18PSI for pump93. Once it warms back up we will continue with E85. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
    • Elegant Lady Bridal and Tuxedo
« Reply #87 on: December 12, 2018, 11:40:32 AM »
Looking good, If you happen to hed back this way, certainly let us know.  Love to see you.
"Long Live Rotary"

An RX-7 is like having a slut as a gf! She will love you, but she will also screw around with the guy at the parts store, most of the local cops, your insurance agent, your apex seals, your bank account and your credit card!!!

Offline murz

« Reply #88 on: December 14, 2018, 09:15:25 AM »
Nice!! Glad to see you got it on the road and enjoying it. Really clean build man!
1986 AS GXL Turbo swapped
1993 VR R1