Author Topic: Bella - The 88 Project Vert  (Read 7489 times)

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
    • Elegant Lady Bridal and Tuxedo
Re: The Project Vert for Krazykreiner!!!
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2015, 08:27:47 AM »
I didnt take any pictures, but i fixed the rattle i had with the dash surround.  It required making a mount for the two bottom plastic connections and a lot of hot glue.  I also replaced the bolts for the latch connection for the top the the winshield.  I think i got about 75% of the rattle noises taken care of with those two fixes.  We will see when i get it driving on the road again and hit some bumps.  At the least i should have screws falling down on me and the dash surround coming off anymore.
"Long Live Rotary"

An RX-7 is like having a slut as a gf! She will love you, but she will also screw around with the guy at the parts store, most of the local cops, your insurance agent, your apex seals, your bank account and your credit card!!!

Offline murz

« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2015, 04:14:58 PM »
I have a spare S5 Power-steering pump, let me know! We could work out a deal or do a trade. It's definitely top down season though!
1986 AS GXL Turbo swapped
1993 VR R1

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2015, 10:22:36 AM »
KrazyKreiner has went out and purchased a marine grade kenwood stereo and 6 - 6" speakers for the convertible.  They arrived yesterday.  I will begin a simple installation of a couple of speakers along with the radio for this weekends cruise and then do a more formal installation later with speaker boxes etc.  She will be happy to have the tunes in her car.
"Long Live Rotary"

An RX-7 is like having a slut as a gf! She will love you, but she will also screw around with the guy at the parts store, most of the local cops, your insurance agent, your apex seals, your bank account and your credit card!!!

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2015, 07:16:24 AM »
I ordered in some black door panels for the convertible.  I am currently fixing minor issues with them before i install them onto the door of the convertible.  Hopefully they will be installed in the next couple of days.
"Long Live Rotary"

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2015, 07:27:28 AM »
Thanks to Itswill, He welded new nuts in to replace the ones that busted out for the trunk latch.  Now we dont have  to bungy it closed.  Krazykreiner was happy and it all lined up the first time.
"Long Live Rotary"

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2015, 07:26:45 AM »
Time to begin updating this thread. 

As many of you know, my duaghter recently got her drivers permit.  She has decided that she wants the vert as her first car.  In order for ther to get it, I told her she has to rebuild a rotary motor first.  Her and I started the disassembly of a rotary engine i had laying around.  Murz came over and helped with it also so that we could ensure it was all good.  Upon opening the short block, we noticed some bad scoring along the egde of the housings cuased by the tiny corner apex seal.  There was excessive wear on the irons which meens a resurfacing is in order.

I contacted Archie who happened to have extra housings in good shape and irons which saves me resurfacing costs at this time.  Now my duaghter has to clean the dust and grime off in order to paint the housings and irons before reassembling. 

I have some pics i will upload later and Murz has some pics too.  We will post the build as we progress this month.
"Long Live Rotary"

Offline ITSWILL

• Rotary God!!
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2015, 10:05:50 AM »
No wonder we couldn't get it running.  Yesterday when cleaning the garage I found the housing masking materials we painstakingly cut out, so come get them before you paint the engine.
86 Base LS1 w/100 shot
88 TII 20B T70 turbo

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2015, 10:17:47 AM »
Yes i need to pick up those templates from you.  I can swing by this week. 

The housings and side irons are definitly why we couldnt get it running.  there was no damage to the rotor and rest of the internals.  I also think i should replace the apex, side seals and corner seals.  I have the springs for them all.  after seeing the wear, its a great peice of mind to replace for her.
"Long Live Rotary"

Offline ITSWILL

• Rotary God!!
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2015, 12:23:08 PM »
come get them tonight and help me get the parts together for the lemons car!
86 Base LS1 w/100 shot
88 TII 20B T70 turbo

Offline murz

« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2015, 12:49:27 PM »
Pictures as promised.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

1986 AS GXL Turbo swapped
1993 VR R1

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2016, 07:15:42 PM »
Thanks for the pics
"Long Live Rotary"

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2016, 11:49:30 AM »
I really should post some pics, but as of yesterday, I finally got the radio properly installed and looking nice.  only took a year since I first connected it.  lol
"Long Live Rotary"

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2016, 10:07:16 AM »
Two nights ago I finally got the vert out of my garage and put jenny into my garage.  Last night I added the momentary fuel pump cut switch to the car under the dash.  The switch definitely beats pulling the injector fuse to de flood the car.  I will need another one for the TII when I ever get to it.  The momentary switch used is normally closed till pushed to disconnect the circuit.  Unfortunately you can't just pick up the switch at your local auto parts place.
"Long Live Rotary"

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2016, 09:49:29 PM »
I have been hard at work trying to freshen up the interior.  Since it was completely gutted, this has required some thought.  Step one is almost completed.  That is hiding the convertible top motors from view again.  Here is the progress so far.
"Long Live Rotary"

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2016, 09:52:43 PM »
The boxes are bolted in place by a single bolt each.  Next step will be painting them to help seal them from moisture. Along with building storage bins to hide things in.
"Long Live Rotary"