Author Topic: Bella - The 88 Project Vert  (Read 7502 times)

Offline murz

Re: The Project Vert for Krazykreiner!!!
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2016, 05:40:34 AM »
Nice! Looks much better already!
1986 AS GXL Turbo swapped
1993 VR R1

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
    • Elegant Lady Bridal and Tuxedo
« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2016, 08:30:26 PM »
Friday night was a busy night.  We got more things accomplished on the vert.  Krazykreiner designed a convertible boot cover that holds in placewith magnets.  I finished making the storage bins lid.  Next will be painting to seal it all and the carpeting needs to be applied.  Here are some pics to enjoy.
"Long Live Rotary"

An RX-7 is like having a slut as a gf! She will love you, but she will also screw around with the guy at the parts store, most of the local cops, your insurance agent, your apex seals, your bank account and your credit card!!!

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2016, 08:32:29 PM »
Here is the current result at the m1 concourse cars and coffee car show.
"Long Live Rotary"

An RX-7 is like having a slut as a gf! She will love you, but she will also screw around with the guy at the parts store, most of the local cops, your insurance agent, your apex seals, your bank account and your credit card!!!

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2016, 05:38:27 PM »
Today I painted the boxes for the convertible.  Here is the painted results.  I will re-install them when they finish drying.
"Long Live Rotary"

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2016, 07:25:13 AM »
I plan to cover them with carpet or some form of material in the near future. The paint will help protect against some moisture, since it is a convertible.
"Long Live Rotary"

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2016, 06:54:33 PM »
Here is the result so far after painting.
"Long Live Rotary"

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2016, 06:11:16 PM »
Thanks to murz, I traded him a set of tii rims that I had for a set of bbs rims.  I can now get rid of the gtu rims on here.  I also found some missing plastic pieces that the vert needed.  Now to install everything.
"Long Live Rotary"

Offline murz

« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2016, 07:07:48 PM »
Can't wait to see them on the car!
1993 VR R1

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
« Reply #53 on: August 28, 2016, 03:40:50 PM »
Had a good weekend.  I picked up the bbs center caps and installed the front air dam cover thing.
"Long Live Rotary"

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
« Reply #54 on: November 08, 2016, 11:00:20 AM »
I finally decided to throw some headgasket sealer into the vert to see if it helps my long standing issue.  I haven't driven it yet but I am not getting any coolant burning during start up so I think it is doing something.  I need to take it for a drive to really test it.
"Long Live Rotary"

Offline murz

« Reply #55 on: November 08, 2016, 04:21:17 PM »
I didn't notice you found centercaps, awesome! Not easy to find! I bet getting a fan shroud may help cooling a bit too, hopefully the sealer helps out. Any other plans for the car over the winter?
1993 VR R1

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2016, 12:18:22 PM »
No major plans at this time for the car.  Cooling wise the car stays real cool even without the fan shroud.  I had to fix the drivers door handle though.  Eventually I should replace it, but it is working again for the time.
"Long Live Rotary"

Offline toplessFC3Sman

« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2016, 05:33:46 PM »
The rear bins for the 'vert came out really nicely! I've been trying to figure out something to do with that space, without sacrificing the spare tire. I'm guessing that you just got rid of it, and maybe even cut off the structure that holds it in place?

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
« Reply #58 on: November 14, 2016, 09:45:03 AM »
Thanks.  This car actually never had the spare tire structure in it at all, The earlier verts didn't have it.  If I did have it, I would have cut it out.  I still want to carpet the bins yet.  At least they are painted and they do look decent.  I think it makes the space very useful.  If you want to do that, bring it over, I still have more wood and we can copy my design and install it.
"Long Live Rotary"

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
« Reply #59 on: April 03, 2017, 12:09:43 PM »
Time to get working on the vert.  It is slowly coming together.  I will be replacing the engine with a previously rebuilt s5 motor.  I spent this past sunday up in Flint getting a lot of various parts that I needed for it.  A complete s5 uncut, undamaged engine harness.  air meter, bac and various other parts that I knew that I was missing.  Getting a newer targa top for it.  It was a long day of parts gathering, but very nice and sunny out so that it was worth the time spent there in Flint. 
"Long Live Rotary"