Author Topic: Mazda 6 Drivers door will not open - Help  (Read 5230 times)

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
    • Elegant Lady Bridal and Tuxedo
Mazda 6 Drivers door will not open - Help
« on: November 18, 2010, 01:53:18 PM »
Can i get some help to fix the car door on my Mazda 6.  I need help getting the door open and properly removing the door panel so that i can access the latch/lock mechanism that has failed.  Once i can access it then i can fix/replace it as needed and reassemble the door. 

I can provide food and drinks.  I just don't have the money to pay the dealership to do the work for me.  They want to charge $478 for the work and I do not have that kind of fundage laying around at this point in time.  Any help would be appreciated.
"Long Live Rotary"

An RX-7 is like having a slut as a gf! She will love you, but she will also screw around with the guy at the parts store, most of the local cops, your insurance agent, your apex seals, your bank account and your credit card!!!

Offline Kentetsu

• The older I get, the faster I go
Re: Mazda 6 Drivers door will not open - Help
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 03:27:47 PM »
Hey man, perhaps you didn't notice but this is a Rotary Forum!  :)

If you lived on the "right" side of the state I'd be happy to help.  Perhaps you should consider relocation?

Good luck! :)
"Learn from the past, or it will become your future...."

'85 GS 12a/Sterling carb/Respeed coilovers/Respeed front swaybar/Respeed adj. rear spring perches/Illuminas

AutoX vids @ You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline ITSWILL

• Rotary God!!
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 04:24:50 PM »
You have bad luck with doors!  I can likely lend a hand this weekend sometime.  I'll let you know.
86 Base LS1 w/100 shot
88 TII 20B T70 turbo

Offline awfc3s

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
  • ~Keep It Sideways~
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 05:03:44 AM »
Hey Rich I've got door panel removing tools. I could give you a hand.
'88 SE LSX (Dead)
'87 LSX drift car
'90 TurboII vert
'94 Silver Stone Metallic Touring

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2010, 01:00:41 PM »
Since it wasnt a rotary, i posted it in the lounge section lol.  I agree lately i seem to have bad luck with drivers doors.
"Long Live Rotary"

An RX-7 is like having a slut as a gf! She will love you, but she will also screw around with the guy at the parts store, most of the local cops, your insurance agent, your apex seals, your bank account and your credit card!!!

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2010, 09:19:30 PM »
after lots of fanagling and help from my dad and brother we got the door open.  As i suspected it was a broken spring, if the spring didnt cach where it did and fell through, we would have been able to open the door manually.

A new $2.35 spring later has saved me from a $477 dealership bill.  I did not have to order the mechanism for $200 either.  One happy mazda owner now.
"Long Live Rotary"

Offline ITSWILL

• Rotary God!!
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2010, 06:36:36 AM »
You should put 2 springs on it for redundancy.
86 Base LS1 w/100 shot
88 TII 20B T70 turbo

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2010, 08:48:19 AM »
Knowing my luck, both springs would break at once and get jammed lol.  i am glad it is fixed now and working properly.  The new sring diameter is a little smaller so hopefully if it fails, it will just fall through with out jamming in the lock mechanism.  Then you would still be able to at least open the door.
"Long Live Rotary"