Poll

What Saturday in May should we do the cruise??

Saturday, May 14th
3 (27.3%)
Saturday, May 21st
0 (0%)
Sunday, May 22th
6 (54.5%)
Saturday, May 28th
2 (18.2%)
Sunday, May 29th
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: MRC Cruise... Do I have your attention yet??  (Read 14648 times)

Offline awfc3s

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
  • ~Keep It Sideways~
MRC Cruise... Do I have your attention yet??
« on: December 11, 2010, 06:49:45 AM »
Hey everyone, so here's what's up...

We have been thinking about doing a cruise this summer. We are thinking about a nice scenic drive and end up in a state park then have a cookout.

So here's what we need from you...
*We need an idea of the drive location and which park to go to
     (we want to do at least a 2 hour drive, most of us should be able to make that trip without having to fill up in the middle lol)

We would obviously all meet in one central location and start from there.

I wanted to post this now because I am sure most of you will be working on your cars this winter so I wanted to give you something to look forward to throughout the cold bitter season.

Let's get some ideas flowing here. We have all winter to plan this out, let's make it a great trip!

~Andrew & the MRC Team
'88 SE LSX (Dead)
'87 LSX drift car
'90 TurboII vert
'94 Silver Stone Metallic Touring

Offline Chad D.

Re: MRC Cruise... Do I have your attention yet??
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2010, 10:14:42 PM »
nice scenic drive and end up on belle isle for a cook out.   :P

I don't really know the scenic areas but I will rev along.  ;D

Offline XLNDRVR

• Revotee
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 11:20:10 AM »
Maybe someone could comment on some of the routes found here... You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I put together a decent route several years ago in and around the Lansing area as part of a Mi Rotary Club cookout.  Mostly country twisties north of Lansing.  Could recreate that again.  There are plenty of parks to meet at around here.
'85 GSL in a billion pieces.  For now - stock 12A, full RB dual exhaust, Re-Speed R&P conversion, 15x7 Konig rims, Tokico Blues, RB lowering springs, poly bushings, rats removal.

Offline Chad D.

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2010, 02:24:24 AM »
If it's around Lansing, the RX8club/Windsor guy from Lansing will prob. be there forsure.

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
    • Elegant Lady Bridal and Tuxedo
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2010, 12:20:37 PM »
Fitzgerald park in Grand Ledge is a very nice scenic park that has a trail along the grand river that you can exploer the sandstone ledges there.  Youu  can walk the trail all of the way to Island park in downtown Grand Ledge.  Overall its a nice park.  For those who participate, there is frisbee golf there.

Across the river and a little more difficult to get to is Lincoln Brick Park, there is an old quarry there that you can go swimming in along with remnants of the buildings used in the hayday of brick manufacturing there.

Charlotte Hwy has some nice twists and hills along it from mulliken to portland to put the 7 to some great excersise.

Ok I am Biased since i did grow up in that area. 
"Long Live Rotary"

An RX-7 is like having a slut as a gf! She will love you, but she will also screw around with the guy at the parts store, most of the local cops, your insurance agent, your apex seals, your bank account and your credit card!!!

Offline ITSWILL

• Rotary God!!
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2010, 07:33:43 AM »
I'm thinking we could all meet in Pontiac?  What ever happened to that member map?  That would be very helpful to figure out the starting point.

I'll bring the macaroni salad!
86 Base LS1 w/100 shot
88 TII 20B T70 turbo

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2011, 07:43:16 AM »
We can meet in pontiac and head out from there.   That works for me!!
"Long Live Rotary"

An RX-7 is like having a slut as a gf! She will love you, but she will also screw around with the guy at the parts store, most of the local cops, your insurance agent, your apex seals, your bank account and your credit card!!!

Offline awfc3s

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
  • ~Keep It Sideways~
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2011, 03:26:50 PM »
We know that works for you rich lol.
'88 SE LSX (Dead)
'87 LSX drift car
'90 TurboII vert

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2011, 06:22:28 AM »
hahahahah   ;D
"Long Live Rotary"

Offline awfc3s

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
  • ~Keep It Sideways~
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2011, 01:53:05 PM »
Really thought we would be getting more suggestions and ideas for this trip...

Remember its gonna be a cookout so bring whatever you want to eat and we will grill it all up!!

I say we meet at the Loop in Pontiac where we all meet for the Dreamcruise that way people will know an easy way to meet up and head out.
'88 SE LSX (Dead)
'87 LSX drift car
'90 TurboII vert

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2011, 06:51:31 AM »
I think that a sunday in late march/ early april would be the best time for putting on this cruise.  If some one wants to creat a meetingpoint in Grand rapids area that would be good.  We can plan to all meet up at Fitzgerald Park in Grand Ledge MI.  For those who have not been to that park before, it is a very pretty park, there are some nice walking trails  and a path along the grand river that also has the sand stone cliffs on one side and the grand river on the other. 

We can do one of two things.  Plan scenic drives from a commpon meeting point that will end at the meet and or plan a scenic drive around lansing area for the meet which could include everyone.

For those that plan on meeting in pontiac with us, we are interested in doing a scenic fun drive to the park.  i think it would be a fun idea to do with guys in the grand rapids area that are coming out.  Remeber this is for anyone with a rotary, so if you know people with an RX-8 make sure they come out too.
"Long Live Rotary"

Offline awfc3s

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
  • ~Keep It Sideways~
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2011, 01:42:05 PM »
Everything sounds great about your route Rich except for the time... Just thinking that maybe late April would be better or even early May cause we could still have snow in March or Early April lol (hell we could still get it in July) Plus we need some excellent BBQ weather.
'88 SE LSX (Dead)
'87 LSX drift car
'90 TurboII vert

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2011, 08:01:14 AM »
Lets get some dates laid out on the table to vote on!!!!
"Long Live Rotary"

Offline ITSWILL

• Rotary God!!
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2011, 10:50:41 AM »
I'm gunna have to agree, if the weather here is anything like upstate NY there is generally snow until the beginning to middle of April and even then there is still significant salt on the road, it is kinda muddy and in the 50s.

I vote Saturday may 14th.

Also we need more people, at this point it looks like we have 5 people on board and the only food we will have is the macaroni salad I am making.

We need some more participation here!

86 Base LS1 w/100 shot
88 TII 20B T70 turbo

Offline awfc3s

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
  • ~Keep It Sideways~
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2011, 01:58:31 PM »
Ya macaroni salad being the only thing at a cookout isn't gonna fly lol. I'll bring burgers, buns, condiments, and a couple cases of water.
'88 SE LSX (Dead)
'87 LSX drift car
'90 TurboII vert