Events > Upcoming Events

MRC Cruise... Do I have your attention yet??

(1/18) > >>

awfc3s:
Hey everyone, so here's what's up...

We have been thinking about doing a cruise this summer. We are thinking about a nice scenic drive and end up in a state park then have a cookout.

So here's what we need from you...
*We need an idea of the drive location and which park to go to
     (we want to do at least a 2 hour drive, most of us should be able to make that trip without having to fill up in the middle lol)

We would obviously all meet in one central location and start from there.

I wanted to post this now because I am sure most of you will be working on your cars this winter so I wanted to give you something to look forward to throughout the cold bitter season.

Let's get some ideas flowing here. We have all winter to plan this out, let's make it a great trip!

~Andrew & the MRC Team

Chad D.:
nice scenic drive and end up on belle isle for a cook out.   :P

I don't really know the scenic areas but I will rev along.  ;D

XLNDRVR:
Maybe someone could comment on some of the routes found here... You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I put together a decent route several years ago in and around the Lansing area as part of a Mi Rotary Club cookout.  Mostly country twisties north of Lansing.  Could recreate that again.  There are plenty of parks to meet at around here.

Chad D.:
If it's around Lansing, the RX8club/Windsor guy from Lansing will prob. be there forsure.

~Groll69~:
Fitzgerald park in Grand Ledge is a very nice scenic park that has a trail along the grand river that you can exploer the sandstone ledges there.  Youu  can walk the trail all of the way to Island park in downtown Grand Ledge.  Overall its a nice park.  For those who participate, there is frisbee golf there.

Across the river and a little more difficult to get to is Lincoln Brick Park, there is an old quarry there that you can go swimming in along with remnants of the buildings used in the hayday of brick manufacturing there.

Charlotte Hwy has some nice twists and hills along it from mulliken to portland to put the 7 to some great excersise.

Ok I am Biased since i did grow up in that area. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version