Author Topic: Michigan Rotary Club Member Map Link and Sign-up Thread  (Read 13496 times)

Offline XLNDRVR

• Revotee
Michigan Rotary Club Member Map Link and Sign-up Thread
« on: January 18, 2011, 09:59:58 AM »
Michigan Rotary Club Member Map Link and Sign-up Thread

Map
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.

Use this thread to submit your information in order to be added to the club map, but don't stop there, because the MRC Member Map is more than a simple listing of our members - your insights can make our travel experiences more enjoyable and interesting.  Please contribute ideas and information related to the following categories.  And thanks for your contributions!

MRC Members
Please provide your user name, city of residence with zip code, and year/make/model/brief description of your vehicle(s).

Rotary Resources
Repair shops or parts sources that specialize in or are familiar with rotary engine vehicles.  Please provide the establishment name, address, phone, website, and a brief description.

Restaurants
Help your fellow MRC members make the most of future travels by suggesting great dining experiences.  Suggest establishments that offer above-average or unique fare or perhaps a distinctive theme or a one-of-a-kind atmosphere.  Let's keep this special - no run-of-the-mill or chain restaurants, please.  Please provide the establishment name, address, phone, website, and a brief description, including menu favorites, etc.

Tracks
Suggest tracks or strips that you are familiar with and that others might find interesting – as spectators or participants.  Please provide the establishment name, address, phone, website, and a brief description.

Driving Routes
Help your fellow MRC members plan future road trips.  Whether a scenic, relaxing tour, a spirited, exhilarating challenge, a 3 mph, rolling car show, or a formal MRC cruise, suggest driving routes that others might find interesting.  Please provide detailed start, turn-by-turn, and finish points, along with a brief description of the trip's highlights, best season for following your route, places to stop along the way, etc.

Scenic/Historic Destinations
Please suggest Michigan destinations that you believe are worth visiting.  Porcupine Mountains Wilderness State Park, covered bridges, the Soo Locks, lighthouses, Henry Ford Museum & Greenfield Village, and the Michigan State Capitol building are examples that quickly come to mind.  Please provide the destination name, address or location, phone, website, and a brief description, including what makes it special.

Events/Entertainment
This category is fairly wide open, including carting tracks, recurring car shows or cruises, autocross events, etc.  Please provide the establishment or event name, address or location, contact phone, website, and a brief description.

'85 GSL in a billion pieces.  For now - stock 12A, full RB dual exhaust, Re-Speed R&P conversion, 15x7 Konig rims, Tokico Blues, RB lowering springs, poly bushings, rats removal.

Offline ITSWILL

• Rotary God!!
Re: Michigan Rotary Club Member Map Link and Sign-up Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 10:43:02 AM »
A couple Dragstrips

Lapeer Dragway
189 Grand Ave.  Mt Clemens, MI 48043
Phone: 586-461-0099 

Milan Dragway
10860 Plank Road, Maybee, MI 
 (734) 439-7368       
86 Base LS1 w/100 shot
88 TII 20B T70 turbo

Offline awfc3s

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
  • ~Keep It Sideways~
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 01:54:16 PM »
Here are a couple race tracks...

Waterford Hills Road Racing
Oakland County Sportmen's Club
4770 Waterford Road
Clarkston, MI 48346
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Auto City Speedway
10205 North Saginaw Road
Clio, MI 48420
(810) 686-9500
'88 SE LSX (Dead)
'87 LSX drift car
'90 TurboII vert
'94 Silver Stone Metallic Touring

Offline XLNDRVR

• Revotee
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 05:34:13 PM »
Done.

Lapeer Dragway
189 Grand Ave.  Mt Clemens, MI 48043
Phone: 586-461-0099 

Milan Dragway
10860 Plank Road, Maybee, MI 
 (734) 439-7368       

Waterford Hills Road Racing
Oakland County Sportmen's Club
4770 Waterford Road
Clarkston, MI 48346

Auto City Speedway
10205 North Saginaw Road
Clio, MI 48420
(810) 686-9500
'85 GSL in a billion pieces.  For now - stock 12A, full RB dual exhaust, Re-Speed R&P conversion, 15x7 Konig rims, Tokico Blues, RB lowering springs, poly bushings, rats removal.

Offline awfc3s

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
  • ~Keep It Sideways~
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 06:22:54 PM »
Don't forget to add me!!!!!
'88 SE LSX (Dead)
'87 LSX drift car
'90 TurboII vert
'94 Silver Stone Metallic Touring

Offline XLNDRVR

• Revotee
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 06:34:05 PM »
Don't forget to add me!!!!!

Done.

Offline Chad D.

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2011, 03:36:38 PM »
Chad D.
Windsor, Ontario/ N9A 5P8
2004 RX8 GS
Modifications are happening.

Offline XLNDRVR

• Revotee
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2011, 04:27:45 PM »
Chad D.
Windsor, Ontario/ N9A 5P8
2004 RX8 GS
Modifications are happening.

Added, thanks.

Offline Man_In_Black

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2011, 07:23:11 AM »
Man_In_Black
Zeeland MI 49464
Ft Benning GA 31905
35.125862,69.202652 Afghanistan
Round and Round the world we go when we stop there will be no O-ZONE

Offline XLNDRVR

• Revotee
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2011, 02:47:43 PM »
Man_In_Black
Zeeland MI 49464
Ft Benning GA 31905
35.125862,69.202652 Afghanistan

All added.  Where are you now?

Edit: Had to eliminate GA and Afgan - they make the mapped area way too large.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 06:00:19 PM by XLNDRVR »

Offline Man_In_Black

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2011, 05:45:34 AM »
right now i am home. ill be here for a while im still fucked up from last time.

Offline XLNDRVR

• Revotee
GOOGLE MAP FAIL
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2011, 07:04:30 PM »
Apparently Google Maps is having an issue with their My Maps application.  Clicking on the Member Map link at the beginning of this thread currently leads you to a blank map of Michigan, instead of the MRC Member Map.  Reseach found that Google is aware of the issue and working on it, but no time line is available as to when this might be resolved.

I found the issue when adding a scenic route to the map and then trying to verify the change that I made using the thread link.  I still have access and edit rights, but the link does not work for the general public.

Please continue to sign up for the member map using this thread.  I'll continue to maintain the map and you'll show up when the issue is resolved.  If resolution takes too long, I'll look into other options for hosting our map.

Thanks, Mike

Offline Man_In_Black

Re: GOOGLE MAP FAIL
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2011, 03:18:28 AM »
Apparently Google Maps is having an issue with their My Maps application.  Clicking on the Member Map link at the beginning of this thread currently leads you to a blank map of Michigan, instead of the MRC Member Map.  Reseach found that Google is aware of the issue and working on it, but no time line is available as to when this might be resolved.

I found the issue when adding a scenic route to the map and then trying to verify the change that I made using the thread link.  I still have access and edit rights, but the link does not work for the general public.

Please continue to sign up for the member map using this thread.  I'll continue to maintain the map and you'll show up when the issue is resolved.  If resolution takes too long, I'll look into other options for hosting our map.

Thanks, Mike
it works fine for me no problems at all, i dont know if i would want general public to see it anyway

Offline ITSWILL

• Rotary God!!
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2011, 08:38:19 AM »
Works for me.
86 Base LS1 w/100 shot
88 TII 20B T70 turbo

Offline XLNDRVR

• Revotee
Re: GOOGLE MAP FAIL
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2011, 09:45:28 AM »
it works fine for me no problems at all, i dont know if i would want general public to see it anyway

Apparently it affects different people differently - not sure if it's based on browser version or what.  I can see it from work if I hit the <-Back button after the blank map loads, but doesn't work from home at all unless I'm in edit mode.

By general public, I meant members who use the link, above, not just me who has edit rights.

If it's working for most people, that's great.  Thanks for the feedback!