Author Topic: Snow Snow Snow  (Read 2194 times)

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
    • Elegant Lady Bridal and Tuxedo
Snow Snow Snow
« on: February 02, 2011, 04:47:47 PM »
I certainly hope no one is attempting to drive there rx-7 in this weather.  I know the second gens do not like this weather.  I am not sure how the rx-8s fair with the snow.  Anyways Happy Snow day to you all!!!
"Long Live Rotary"

An RX-7 is like having a slut as a gf! She will love you, but she will also screw around with the guy at the parts store, most of the local cops, your insurance agent, your apex seals, your bank account and your credit card!!!

Offline ITSWILL

• Rotary God!!
Re: Snow Snow Snow
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 08:46:17 PM »
It's about time we got some decent snow.  I'm having a blast whooping on my civic on the snowy dirt roads!
86 Base LS1 w/100 shot
88 TII 20B T70 turbo

Offline Chad D.

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 02:25:51 AM »
My 8 loves the snow! Sideways always!

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 06:30:35 AM »
The Mazda 6 we have is not a fan of the snow.  It has traction trouble when we want to drive normally.  That may be more due to the fact i buy summer cheap tires for it and not proper all season tires.  lol   
"Long Live Rotary"

An RX-7 is like having a slut as a gf! She will love you, but she will also screw around with the guy at the parts store, most of the local cops, your insurance agent, your apex seals, your bank account and your credit card!!!

Offline ITSWILL

• Rotary God!!
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 07:33:19 AM »
snow and ice tires are where its at!
86 Base LS1 w/100 shot
88 TII 20B T70 turbo

Offline toplessFC3Sman

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2011, 03:07:31 PM »
My FC does well in the snow... when I don't have summer tires on her.  As of now tho, she's parked

Offline pjr

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2011, 07:45:01 PM »

I bought a MazdaSpeed 3 just a few weeks ago.... and those summer tires were fear inducing on even the light film of snow that we had before the big stuff arrived. However, the next day the dealer installed the winter wheels and tires that came with the deal and this car has been flying through all the thick stuff! It's even great up snow covered hills (like heading south on Beck Road before 8 mile) while the Explorers are spinning sideways or turning around.

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2011, 06:44:20 AM »
We really should buy good snow tires for our mazda 6, but as long as we go slow we are alright.
"Long Live Rotary"

Offline toplessFC3Sman

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2011, 04:34:54 PM »
Yea, I love the snows I have on my DD Saab; it did fine without most of the time, but the grip and confidence that they give over the all-seasons is definitely worth it