Technical and Performance > Engine Management Forum

Best way to gain more HP out of an 13B NA

(1/5) > >>

~Groll69~:
What improvements can i do with a 13B NA to gain more horsepower from it.  I am debating about running a supercharger on it, our trying to find some other simple way to improve the horsepower output.  Most of the rats nest is gone and i am lacking the vaccum to my secondary ports to open them properly.  I don't want to go crazy with it, but i do want to just give it more get up and go fun.  Any ideas or suggestions?

ITSWILL:
A turbo, or even better a turbo engine swap.

Its really not that expensive, and a turbo engine swap could probably be done for less than a supercharger kit.

As fun as a NA rotary can be, they are damn slow.

~Groll69~:
I would need a good turbo engine and transmision to swap in along with and ecu.  I don't have that just laying around.  I am just trying to get the most out of my NA.

ITSWILL:
Porting is the only way to see a significant power increase from a na.  I don't know what you have just lying around but my guess is it doesnt include a header back exhaust system, porting templates, and a rebuild kit.  The turbo swap is the cheapest and easiest way to see a noticeable power increase.

S4wdwcker:
a simple way to get a lil more power is to get the 5th and 6th ports working and sleeve them. pineapple racing makes sleeve inserts and you'll get a little power gain from it

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version