Author Topic: 2011 Mitty Event photos  (Read 2904 times)

Offline Kentetsu

• The older I get, the faster I go
2011 Mitty Event photos
« on: May 18, 2011, 12:32:07 PM »
I got the chance to take my fb down to Atlanta, Georgia for the Mitty event this year.
I highly recommend this event to anyone who loves vintage sports cars, or just loves watching
them racing.

I've uploaded the photos to the Furrin Group website.  I'm sorry there is no slideshow function, but I'm working on getting that added if possible.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
"Learn from the past, or it will become your future...."

'85 GS 12a/Sterling carb/Respeed coilovers/Respeed front swaybar/Respeed adj. rear spring perches/Illuminas

AutoX vids @ You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline pjr

Re: 2011 Mitty Event photos
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 06:48:50 PM »

Wow you are the man. I would have loved to attend but that is a LONG drive. About hours?

Offline Kentetsu

• The older I get, the faster I go
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 09:50:53 AM »
I think if you drove straight through you could make it in about 16 hours (from Grand Rapids).  But screw that!  I took my time, stayed overnight about halfway there.

On the way back I just tooled my way up the smokey mountains, taking about three days to return.  That is definitely the way to do it.  :)
"Learn from the past, or it will become your future...."

'85 GS 12a/Sterling carb/Respeed coilovers/Respeed front swaybar/Respeed adj. rear spring perches/Illuminas

AutoX vids @ You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline gzfqy6

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 07:49:12 AM »
Indeed a beautiful trip.  A friend and I took the Tail of the Dragon down & the Blue Ridge Parkway back for the MITTY for the Group44 reunion.  The trip is almost more fun than the events........recommend the drive for everyone.

2012 is the 60th anniversity of Triumph and I hope to make it down again.

.........and before all the English car jokes......yes we made it there & back with no problems. ::)

Thanks for the pics Kentetsu
"No matter how late it is, it's never as late as it is later on"

'84 GSL-SE. ReSpeed, Mazdatrix, RacingBeat, G-Force Engineering bits, Miata gearset, 15" Drag DR-9 wheels.