Author Topic: 1988 Turbo 'Vert Project  (Read 15859 times)

Offline fidelity101

Re: 1988 Turbo 'Vert Project
« Reply #210 on: August 28, 2018, 11:10:49 AM »
its been a week since you fixed it and it already has 400 miles on it!? dang...

Offline murz

« Reply #211 on: August 28, 2018, 12:04:36 PM »
Hopefully it was just overfill or incorrectly setup PCV that's my bet.
1986 AS GXL Turbo swapped
1993 VR R1

Offline toplessFC3Sman

« Reply #212 on: August 28, 2018, 12:50:43 PM »
Yea, I tried to label all the vacuum lines and have a few sketches of how they had been connected before based on what type of vacuum source they need, so I'll have to go back through all of that.

She's got 600 miles on the rebuild now, round trip to work is about 95 miles so it adds up quickly if I use her as a DD. About 200 of those were before the rear diff noise and broken stud, then Mon-Thurs last week plus a few assorted shorter trips. I think I need to get it aligned as it pulls ever so slightly, but thats to be expected after dropping the rear subframe.

Offline murz

« Reply #213 on: July 12, 2019, 07:25:28 AM »
How's the FC been?
1986 AS GXL Turbo swapped
1993 VR R1

Offline toplessFC3Sman

« Reply #214 on: July 12, 2019, 09:41:02 AM »
She's been slumbering mostly. I'm actually about to head out to the garage to finish wiring up the new sensors for the arduino screen, then starting her up to see how things feel briefly, and to listen to the rear diff again with fresh ears. At the end of last summer I was convinced that I need to drop it and re-set the lash again, but I'd like to take another listen since it's been a while.

Offline toplessFC3Sman

« Reply #215 on: July 13, 2019, 08:23:30 PM »
Still haven't run her long enough to see about the diff noise or the suspected PCV issue, but swapping out the single-wire temperature sensors for ones that were more appropriately ranged for the circuit I built and had a dedicated ground seems to have completely solved the sensing issue that I was having, so that's a big positive! Now I need to put some more miles on her to see what other things crop up.

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
    • Elegant Lady Bridal and Tuxedo
« Reply #216 on: May 11, 2020, 06:12:31 AM »
The weather is kinda getting warmer, if you time the days right to take her out for a long fun cruise.
"Long Live Rotary"

An RX-7 is like having a slut as a gf! She will love you, but she will also screw around with the guy at the parts store, most of the local cops, your insurance agent, your apex seals, your bank account and your credit card!!!

Offline toplessFC3Sman

« Reply #217 on: May 12, 2020, 08:10:02 AM »
Oh, since that post last year I've put a few thousand miles on her and everything seems to be working well. I'll probably swap the RX-8 and RX-7 on insurance so it gets a bit of use anyway.

Offline toplessFC3Sman

« Reply #218 on: April 20, 2021, 05:04:46 AM »
Savannah is out of storage, and got a new top finally! Paul's Auto Interiors in Pontiac did it, and it looks really good now. I haven't put it down yet since they advised waiting another week for the vinyl to finish stretching, but it's nice and taut and the new headliner looks much better than the old, stained one.

I need to track down a few electrical gremlins, including a mystery loss in voltage that is causing some occasional issues with gauges and starting, the headrest speakers stopped working, and the tune needs a little bit of tweaking - something doesn't feel quite right. Otherwise, I think she's ready for summer!