Author Topic: Groll's Baby!!!!  (Read 8170 times)

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
    • Elegant Lady Bridal and Tuxedo
Re: Groll's Baby!!!!
« Reply #105 on: May 05, 2017, 06:15:57 AM »
There appears to be a significant voltage drop from the alternator post to the battery.  Now I just need to find where the resistance is.  I have not crawled under the car yet to clean the connections and check them.  I should buy a couple of grounding straps and improve the grounding from the engine to the body at least.  Maybe run a new wire from the alternator to the starter too.  The alternator is only putting out 12.8 to 13.2 volts so I think that should be replaced in the near future too.  I did redo the connector to the back of the alternator.  As you can see in the pic, one of the wires is exposed and bare.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 06:21:06 AM by ~Groll69~ »
"Long Live Rotary"

An RX-7 is like having a slut as a gf! She will love you, but she will also screw around with the guy at the parts store, most of the local cops, your insurance agent, your apex seals, your bank account and your credit card!!!

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
« Reply #106 on: May 22, 2017, 06:37:47 AM »
Friday evening 5/19/2017 was not a fun evening for me.  I was taking tables and chairs to gabby and Martin house to use for their wedding on sat.  I exited the highway at 14 mile rd and turned at microcenter to head south.  As I turned, a lady in a white 4 door sedan decided to pull across two lanes of traffic and a center turn lane right out in front of me.  I hit my brakes and tried stopping, but I was unable to avoid her.  Her passenger side front door hit my drivers side front corner.  Needless to say this was not what I needed.

She received the ticket, and now I am stuck repairing my baby.  Good thing is that I have some spare parts.  The other good thing is it was still drivable, so I will be driving it home tonight in order to begin re-assessing the damage and figure out path to get her repaired.  No one was hurt in the accident.  I am hoping that the frame isn't tweaked.  We will find out.
"Long Live Rotary"

An RX-7 is like having a slut as a gf! She will love you, but she will also screw around with the guy at the parts store, most of the local cops, your insurance agent, your apex seals, your bank account and your credit card!!!

Offline murz

« Reply #107 on: May 22, 2017, 08:05:40 AM »
That sucks man, I hate that area, it's designed poorly, I've almost got hit several times from terrible drivers.

Glad no one was hurt and glad it still runs, hopefully the frame is OK.
1986 AS GXL Turbo swapped
1993 VR R1

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
« Reply #108 on: June 01, 2021, 10:10:42 AM »
A lot has happened since i last posted on my baby.  A divorce, buying new house, getting married to my awesome wife etc along with purchasing a beautiful 1980 SA ten anniversary edition and dream 1993 FD.

I have finally moved Jenny into the barn do i can begin working on her.  Start will be removing the engine and transmission.  Then i can begin the much dreaded bodywork.  Hopefully i can get her together and on the road.
"Long Live Rotary"