Author Topic: Groll's Baby!!!!  (Read 8178 times)

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
    • Elegant Lady Bridal and Tuxedo
Re: Groll's Baby!!!!
« Reply #90 on: June 20, 2016, 06:13:15 AM »
If yours are good, I would be happy to have them.  save me a few dollars as Jenny keeps identifying new things for me to spend my money on.  Not to mention to give me huge amounts of hassle and trouble. 

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I don't know if my rear shocks are any good, but I kinda want to go to some good regular shocks on my car to avoid the cost of AAS. If they look good and you want them, you're welcome to my shocks when I pull them off.
"Long Live Rotary"

An RX-7 is like having a slut as a gf! She will love you, but she will also screw around with the guy at the parts store, most of the local cops, your insurance agent, your apex seals, your bank account and your credit card!!!

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
« Reply #91 on: June 21, 2016, 05:24:07 AM »
I finally got the caliper bracket off last night.  Luckily I only had to cut through a single bolt, rather then both.  I was able to pry the bracket up and break the upper bolt free from its rusted prison.
"Long Live Rotary"

An RX-7 is like having a slut as a gf! She will love you, but she will also screw around with the guy at the parts store, most of the local cops, your insurance agent, your apex seals, your bank account and your credit card!!!

Offline ITSWILL

• Rotary God!!
« Reply #92 on: June 22, 2016, 05:13:53 AM »
Now you just have to get the bolt out of the caliper! Good luck!
86 Base LS1 w/100 shot
88 TII 20B T70 turbo

Offline ITSWILL

• Rotary God!!
« Reply #93 on: June 24, 2016, 08:12:29 PM »
Do you have this back together yet?
86 Base LS1 w/100 shot
88 TII 20B T70 turbo

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
« Reply #94 on: June 26, 2016, 02:54:47 PM »
No.  Its going to be down a while until I get parts.  Matter of money right now.  I need to get it swapped with the vert in the garage so I can finish tear down to rebuild right.  Its pretty bad and rusty.  I need to attack that now.
"Long Live Rotary"

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
« Reply #95 on: August 11, 2016, 07:07:37 AM »
I managed to pick up some used aas suspension from a car that had 67k miles on it.  I also picked up front and rear calipers.  All for the low price of $150.  Next step is I am cleaning up the rear aas with a wire brush and tjen painting them. 
"Long Live Rotary"

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
« Reply #96 on: August 12, 2016, 03:18:41 PM »
I just finished painting the rear suspension.  Next step is installing them for dream cruise.
"Long Live Rotary"

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
« Reply #97 on: August 16, 2016, 07:42:57 AM »
I got the rear suspension installed, except that I accidentally broke the passenger rear rubber brake line.  Now awaiting for that to arrive.  In the mean time I decided to begin replacement of some of my bushings. I started with removing and cleaning up the control arm.  I include befor and after pics.  I also found out rubber bushing in my sway bar link disappeared.  Looks like I am ordering new sway bar links very very soon.
"Long Live Rotary"

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
« Reply #98 on: August 29, 2016, 07:23:49 AM »
Well the rear shocks were actually blown out pretty badly.  I was able to exchange them with another set that was good.  Now I need to find a place that can rebuild shocks and see if they can rebuild them for me.
"Long Live Rotary"

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
« Reply #99 on: September 02, 2016, 12:51:32 PM »
I installed a hidden powered antenna in Jenny yesterday.  I have it located just above glove box towards center of the dash. 
"Long Live Rotary"

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
« Reply #100 on: April 17, 2017, 07:48:02 AM »
Well back on March 7th, I went to pull out Jenny and drive her for my birthday on March 8th.  I found out that I had no brakes.  Upon closure inspection and more brake fluid later, I found that the master cylinder had failed.  I went and picked up a bunch of parts for both Jenny and Bella and the used master I got, turned out to be the wrong one.  Mine has a brake pressure switch for the Auto Adjusting Suspension.  I find this out after I get the part all cleaned up and looking nice.  Now I ended up ordering a new one from RockAuto with our discount of course.  I need to clean up my brake booster and paint it.  Then I can install the new master on it.
"Long Live Rotary"

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
« Reply #101 on: April 28, 2017, 06:57:42 AM »
I really need to take more pics.  I have finished painting the booster and installed the new master on Jenny.  I then began the initial brake bleed of the system.  As I got three of the calipers bled with new Dot 5 brake fluid, the fourth caliper decided to give me some problems.  It is the front drivers side.  I loosened the bleeder screw and stared bleeding it.  However when I tightened the screw, It wouldn't tighten down.  Turns out the threading decided to stay in the bleeder screw threads. 

The good thing is I had another caliper, with better brake pads on it and so I did a quick replacement of the caliper without having to re-bleed the system.  So I realized I need new pads  all around and new front rotors.  I will be ordering those from rock auto soon. 

I decided to drive her the next morning to work, I figured I had enough brakes for a day of driving.  On my way to work, the radio would start cutting out after I got on the highway.  After the 5th time, it didn't come back on, I decided to look at my voltage gauge and I only was running on 8.3 volts.  I managed to get the car off at the next exit which was Crooks rd and I75 and found a parking spot to park it at.  As soon as I got to a stop, the car died. 

Later that evening Murz came over to help me, we pulled the alternator off of the vert and went to where I left Jenny at.  We installed it into Jenny and jumped the battery.  After she fired up, the voltage was only reading at its highest was 12.6.  With the lights on, it was around 12.2 volts.  I managed to make it home.  The voltage fluctuated from 12.0 to 12.3 volts and was mostly at 12.2 volts.  I looked up the issue and I need to check the wires for corrosion.  I know there is a bare exposed spot near the connector for the back of the alternator.  I will fix that  and see if I can get better results from the alternator.
"Long Live Rotary"

Offline toplessFC3Sman

« Reply #102 on: April 28, 2017, 07:36:27 AM »
You should definitely check the grounding, especially the thick wire that usually bolts to the nut-side of the starter bolt (that passes through the trans bellhousing & rear iron). Also, did the car keep running if you disconnected the battery? The dead battery itself could be dragging the voltage down as it charges.

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
« Reply #103 on: May 01, 2017, 01:35:24 PM »
I will have to get under the car and check that.  I will let you know what I find.  The battery is fairly new, but I did run it down quite a ways driving on it. 
"Long Live Rotary"

Offline murz

« Reply #104 on: May 04, 2017, 10:13:57 AM »
Hmm, this could also explain why it takes a while to start up sometimes.
1986 AS GXL Turbo swapped
1993 VR R1