Author Topic: New to site.  (Read 1691 times)

Offline ragtoprex

New to site.
« on: August 07, 2011, 06:09:38 AM »
Hi, I'm Doug (ragtoprex).  I met Cowboy last week...he bought a mod front bumper cover from me and told me about the site.  I have an 88 black vert and my son has a 87 black (was blue) coupe.  I have had mine in the garage for about 7 yrs.  Bought it and it needed a clutch not too long after getting it.  My son put a new clutch in it and I just started working on it (since i'm out of work).  Through the years I bought lots of parts to upgrade her.......a better top from a 90 vert a guy was parting out.  Got a lot of the interior also.  My interior was gray with cloth seats - looked real old inside.  Now it's got a black interior (including dash) new carpet and the proper leather seats.  We both have a few electrical gremlins that we search the web for answers....lots of info there.  Hope to get it out for the cruise - not sure how reliable it is.

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
    • Elegant Lady Bridal and Tuxedo
Re: New to site.
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 07:34:59 AM »
Thanks for joining.  We look forward to meeting you at the cruise.  There is a lot of information around and most everyone from the forum that i have met is always happy to help when they have free time. 
"Long Live Rotary"

An RX-7 is like having a slut as a gf! She will love you, but she will also screw around with the guy at the parts store, most of the local cops, your insurance agent, your apex seals, your bank account and your credit card!!!

Offline Rcowboy

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 10:07:55 AM »
Hey Doug !   Welcome  ! Welcome ! Glad you made  over to the forum.!   I was hopeing to see you and your son at the Woodward Dream "  cruise site . 
'88 Turbo TII, all original

Offline ragtoprex

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 06:43:21 PM »
My son was sick and I could not get mine started - got a new battery but it wouldn't turn over (nothing).  I disconnected the factory alarm - nothing.  I'll have to check the wiring to the starter. 

Hope you had a good time at the cruise...I really wanted to go.  Did you get the bumper cover on?

Offline Rcowboy

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 09:49:58 AM »
 no , didn't mount it .... yet .,  that will be a future project .  I 've got a few other things to do first .  Hope to see you guys at a future event . Hope you son is doing better!
'88 Turbo TII, all original