Author Topic: Aug 7th - Drifting and time attacks at the Silverdome (The Gumball Rally)  (Read 4966 times)

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
    • Elegant Lady Bridal and Tuxedo
This event turned out great.  There were a toal of 7 Rx-7s and one rx-8 that had made it to the dome.  One 2nd Gen was in the parking lot and one 3rd gen was in the car show and one rx-8 was advertising (aka Chips Motorsports).  The other 5, which was 3 2nd gens (1 - ls1 swap) and 2 3rd gens (1 - ls1 swap), were running drifting and time attacks.  Then there were a couple of other folks from our forum was out there to watch.  Overal The Rotary and Mazda was well represented today. 

Great event and it was great to see everyone.  Pictures and video will be posted soon. 
"Long Live Rotary"

An RX-7 is like having a slut as a gf! She will love you, but she will also screw around with the guy at the parts store, most of the local cops, your insurance agent, your apex seals, your bank account and your credit card!!!

Offline awfc3s

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
  • ~Keep It Sideways~
Me vs. Concrete Barricade... Guess who wins??
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 02:52:54 PM »
I had a blast at my very first drift event ever!! IT was awesome to see and meet new people from the forum.  I spun out a lot at the begging, but hey, you gotta start somewhere.  Anyways, I had an ok run going when I decided to cut it a little to close to the blue barricades under the bridge.  Take a look at the video and see what happened...

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Thought the band-aide was a nice touch :-)
Shit happens, just gotta roll with it and keep her sideways!!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 03:00:07 PM by awfc3s »
'88 SE LSX (Dead)
'87 LSX drift car
'90 TurboII vert
'94 Silver Stone Metallic Touring

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
    • Elegant Lady Bridal and Tuxedo
You were the ONLY one to become friends with the blue barricades lol.  That was a great event, thanks for the ride in your last run.  was a great day to see everyone out there.
"Long Live Rotary"

An RX-7 is like having a slut as a gf! She will love you, but she will also screw around with the guy at the parts store, most of the local cops, your insurance agent, your apex seals, your bank account and your credit card!!!

davidkent

i
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 07:55:27 PM »
i
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 08:25:33 AM by ~Groll69~ »

Offline Project#7

Looks like it was a lot of fun!  ;D

Offline Crazycuban

Damn i see Im missing the action .... Is there videos of other runners