Author Topic: Recharge Air Condo - 88 Vert  (Read 592 times)

Offline ragtoprex

Recharge Air Condo - 88 Vert
« on: August 10, 2011, 05:59:30 AM »
Hi, this is Doug.  My 88 vert needs a recharge - it's cold but doesn't come on all the time (possible relay problem).  But when it it on - I haven't run it long - there are bubbles in the sight glass.  I'm assuming it's the original R12 but not sure.  Does anyone know a place I can take it where I won't get raked over the coals?  I live in St. Clair Shores?  Thanks..........

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
    • Elegant Lady Bridal and Tuxedo
Re: Recharge Air Condo - 88 Vert
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 07:53:27 AM »
There was a shop i took our 96 mercury grand marqius to and had them recharge the ac.  I think it cost us about 100 for that.  I don't know about converting it from r12 though.  I am sure they would want to do that.    The great thing about r12 is you could overcharge it and all you would get is nice cold air.  with the r132 you have to have the right balance, you dont get the benifit of colder ac if accidently overcharged.
"Long Live Rotary"

An RX-7 is like having a slut as a gf! She will love you, but she will also screw around with the guy at the parts store, most of the local cops, your insurance agent, your apex seals, your bank account and your credit card!!!

Offline ragtoprex

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 10:43:51 AM »
Thanks........there is some R12 still for sale on Craigslist........maybe I'll have me son do it.

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
    • Elegant Lady Bridal and Tuxedo
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 11:00:11 AM »
sounds like a good plan.  make sure you have him put in the seal conditioner with it so it doesnt leak, if there happens to be a small leak on the system.
"Long Live Rotary"

An RX-7 is like having a slut as a gf! She will love you, but she will also screw around with the guy at the parts store, most of the local cops, your insurance agent, your apex seals, your bank account and your credit card!!!