Author Topic: Fuck S&G import car parts  (Read 4966 times)

Offline awfc3s

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
  • ~Keep It Sideways~
Fuck S&G import car parts
« on: August 15, 2011, 03:30:38 PM »
Stay away from S&G imports on 8 mile and farmington rd in farmington. I needed to replace the wheel bearing on my honda and ended up getting the wrong one from advance auto parts. Called s&g, they were they only ones that had it. It was 10 after 5 and they close at 530. Was not going to make it in time. The douche on the phone said he wouldnt stay open. Got there at 545 and there was a guy in the store but would not open the door to help me out. Really needed this part. So now I have to wait 2 days for advance to order the right one also giving me a discount for screwing up the original sale. I'm sick of the customer service in this country nowadays. Everyone just has a fuck you mentality. It makes me sick to think that we once used to care about people other than ourselves. No one wants to do anything unless it benefits them in some sort of way. It's pretty sad if you ask me.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 04:17:49 AM by awfc3s »
'88 SE LSX (Dead)
'87 LSX drift car
'90 TurboII vert
'94 Silver Stone Metallic Touring

Offline pjr

Re: Fuck S&G import car parts
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 10:11:55 AM »

I almost went there last week.... I'll avoid them. thx for the heads up! 

I hate jackasses.... had a similar experience at a store recentl. D-bags.

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
    • Elegant Lady Bridal and Tuxedo
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 03:16:35 PM »
sorry to hear that.  hopefully you can get the wheel bearing replaced sooner.  Part of the problem is there are to many people that would use someone's kindness to rip them off, but in the same token you had called and they knew you were coming and could have stayed open a few minutes later to have one more happy customer.
"Long Live Rotary"

An RX-7 is like having a slut as a gf! She will love you, but she will also screw around with the guy at the parts store, most of the local cops, your insurance agent, your apex seals, your bank account and your credit card!!!

Offline awfc3s

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
  • ~Keep It Sideways~
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 04:01:53 PM »
You can add advanced auto parts to the list as well.
'88 SE LSX (Dead)
'87 LSX drift car
'90 TurboII vert

Offline ITSWILL

• Rotary God!!
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 07:19:35 AM »
Yeah, those S&G guys suck.

I would have understood, if the guy had to be somewhere and they weren't there when we got there.  But they were and they looked at us like they were doing us a favor by selling parts while they are open and that favor had expired.  These types of companies need to realize that we are doing them a favor by supporting thier businesses, especially when they are a small business competeing with corporations like, autozone, advance auto, ect.

Additionally, companies like Advance Auto are still liable for their customer service eventhough the person you deal with may just be some punk kid who doesn't care about the company.  It is the resoncibility of the management to ensure that their employees are providing good customer service. If they aren't, it is their job to have the nut to fire them.

The other aspect of all this is that there seems to be no ethics based on the service a business offers.  Had I gone to the book store and they were closed no big deal.  But his is an auto parts store, people rely on thier cars for thier livelyhood.  If you dont make it to work you could be fired.

Fortunately there are still some good businesses out there like Rich and Charities shop.  They bent over backwards to make sure the tuxedos were fixed for us eventhough it wasn't thier fault they were wrong.
86 Base LS1 w/100 shot
88 TII 20B T70 turbo

Offline fidelity101

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2011, 05:10:08 AM »
Yeah I went in there the other day to buy a generic 4 pin automotive relay, none were out on the shelf so some guy had to get one in back.

1st dude is looking through fuses.

the other guy is asking me whats its for because they vary, and then continued to talk about the subject.

I'm like its for none of your damn business

They get me one, the dude looks at it like he doesn't know what it was

at least it was 5 dollars.

Offline toplessFC3Sman

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2011, 03:32:54 AM »
I really don't condone stealing, but that almost makes it worth the 5-fingered discount, for something that small

Offline fidelity101

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2011, 01:51:49 PM »
I didnt steal anything, they just have wiper blades on the floor, everything is in the back.

I've delt with S&G back home in Chicago and they were great! This particular one is crap.

Offline toplessFC3Sman

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2011, 03:33:07 AM »
I wasn't saying you did, just that the value of the part vs. the hassle you had to go through was really disproportionate... maybe I could have phrased that better tho.  I haven't actually had to deal with a pick & pull yard out here yet, but there is a small list thats slowly growing of things I need, so its probably in my future

Offline fidelity101

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2011, 11:35:32 AM »
okay that does make more sense, but I do need to go to the yard and snake extra relays and relay covers...

maybe smash a side window or two on some shit GM product

Offline ITSWILL

• Rotary God!!
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2011, 05:35:26 PM »
whoa, not so rough on the GM products.

We make our windows extra strong!

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
86 Base LS1 w/100 shot
88 TII 20B T70 turbo

Offline awfc3s

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
  • ~Keep It Sideways~
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2011, 06:39:35 PM »
Omg. That was ridiculous. What are the odds of the window just falling down instead of breaking lol. Good one Will.
'88 SE LSX (Dead)
'87 LSX drift car
'90 TurboII vert

Offline toplessFC3Sman

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2011, 03:37:48 AM »
so, moral of the story is, if you don't want your shit stolen, drive around in a late 80's cavalier; not only will no one be able to break the window, but no one will think there's anything worth stealing in one anyway

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
    • Elegant Lady Bridal and Tuxedo
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2011, 06:58:09 AM »
I drove around in a late 80's Crapilier at one point.  It was certainly a peice of something......  I do have to say nobody messed with it becuase it was a dark grey manual, half rusted,with dented hood and fender (from previous accident that the previous owner had prior to My little brother acquiring it, which he sold a year later to a friend and then him and I bought it back from such friend 6 months later after the Tranny was rebuilt)  That car truly made a great winter beater though.
"Long Live Rotary"

An RX-7 is like having a slut as a gf! She will love you, but she will also screw around with the guy at the parts store, most of the local cops, your insurance agent, your apex seals, your bank account and your credit card!!!