Author Topic: On-going home construction projects  (Read 2377 times)

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
    • Elegant Lady Bridal and Tuxedo
On-going home construction projects
« on: November 10, 2011, 08:59:49 AM »
Anyone have any on going home construction projects?  I know i have been helping a few people with some and even have had my own recently.

My latest was adding ahot tub to my house and getting that all hooked up.  The tub was a 1998 Cal Spa that was free , but had a broken house.  Everything else on the tub worked as it should.  That made a great cheap addition to my house and something to relax in this coming winter.

Itswill had his own home project going on.  awfcs and I were helping him with that this past weekend.  I even got my duaghter involved in the demolition portion.  She was loving that. 

Let us know your project and any pictures of the effort would be great
"Long Live Rotary"

An RX-7 is like having a slut as a gf! She will love you, but she will also screw around with the guy at the parts store, most of the local cops, your insurance agent, your apex seals, your bank account and your credit card!!!

Offline XLNDRVR

• Revotee
Re: On-going home construction projects
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 12:28:53 PM »
Hardwood floors and painting over my Christmas vacation!
'85 GSL in a billion pieces.  For now - stock 12A, full RB dual exhaust, Re-Speed R&P conversion, 15x7 Konig rims, Tokico Blues, RB lowering springs, poly bushings, rats removal.

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 06:39:23 AM »
are you refinishing hardwood floors or actually laying new hardwaood floors?
"Long Live Rotary"

An RX-7 is like having a slut as a gf! She will love you, but she will also screw around with the guy at the parts store, most of the local cops, your insurance agent, your apex seals, your bank account and your credit card!!!

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 08:51:12 AM »
Over the weekend I helped Will and Andrew with will's mud room some more and then installed more electrical and a gas line for a stove at my friend Walt's house.  I have to finish installing a set of lights and dimmer switch for Walt's house and then that would complete my projects there. 

I did finally hang the running lights in my living room, that i had designed it to have a few years ago, but never finished the install.  Now i havent completed that effort becuase i have to buy trim for it, i just bandaided a fix to get the lights up where i wanted them.  It looks good for now. 
"Long Live Rotary"

Offline ITSWILL

• Rotary God!!
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2011, 05:53:08 PM »
Andrew and I finished the last bit of framing and insulated the walls. What a difference, and we haven't even insulated the ceiling yet.

This weekend will be drywall and ceiling insulation.
86 Base LS1 w/100 shot
88 TII 20B T70 turbo

Offline XLNDRVR

• Revotee
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2011, 05:36:18 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
are you refinishing hardwood floors or actually laying new hardwaood floors?

New Chelsea Plank Flooring Ash (Sunset) hardwood... You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Buying from Hardwood Flooring & Supplies in Wixom.  These guys have by far the best pricing that I could find.  Less than half the cost of my local distributor for the same grade.

Now I have a good excuse to buy a compound miter saw.  :)
'85 GSL in a billion pieces.  For now - stock 12A, full RB dual exhaust, Re-Speed R&P conversion, 15x7 Konig rims, Tokico Blues, RB lowering springs, poly bushings, rats removal.

Offline fidelity101

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2011, 07:45:03 AM »
I moved into a new place for the next 6 mo or so. I moved right next door to where I originally moved to here when I moved up from Chicago.

I swear this house was built by leftys or something, the way all the doors and cabinets etc open...
long story short:

Some interior doors need replacing
kitchen cabinets/drawers need knobs
all faucets leak (unless you set the handle juuuuuusssssssst right)
needs 3 prong outlets

I basically talked this guy out of selling his house (so that I could rent it, I enjoy the 12 minute drive to work)

but I wont be staying as a contract hire forever and he will want to sell this house, so I am going to try and do some necessary updating so that he can sell it when we move out. And make it more bearable to live in.