Author Topic: donuts + cops = ticket X fuckage  (Read 3654 times)

Offline fidelity101

donuts + cops = ticket X fuckage
« on: December 09, 2011, 06:01:42 AM »
Okay its been fun, its been real and I've gotten away with some crazy shit but the last 7 years owning the car this is the first time i've been pulled over (in this car)

I'll keep it real short and sweet because I don't have the attention span and I don't expect you guys to either. But there is this key information,

I still have my IL plates and license.

Donuts behind Lowes. (quite impressive ones too) in the Detroit suburbs.

that was fine and dandy, leave the lot, sneak out the backway head home, only 1.2 miles away.

I get about 1/4 mile down the road and I see lights...

pull off the road and the cop is a real dick, instantly there are 3 cops but one leaves after about 5 minutes. doesn't get out of the car.

had to sit in the back of the car while they run shit, searched the car (its fucking gutted, but it was loaded with grocery's, just was running errands with the roommate wanted to stretch the car out a bit, its been sittin too long) they padded me down, etc.

didn't admit to nothing, had to put on the talking to cop face blah blah blah

now here is the funny part, while he is grillin me he asks "Why can't you drive the car like its supposed to be driven?"

It was sooooooo hard not to smart off and say THATS THE WAY THAT CAR IS SUPPOSED TO BE DRIVEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the 2nd cop was kind of impressed and was laughing/smiling and "suggested" other places where would be better to do shit like that...

now is where it gets interesting, dick cop was like instead of impounding my car and taking me to jail (for doing donuts? WTF?)

I get a reckless driving ticket and they take my license in lieu of bond. I have to basically bail my drivers license out of jail...

cliff notes:

1. donuts
2. dick cop
3. reckless driving ticket
4. fucked
5. lawyer?

all I wanted to do is burn off some summer tires before I put the studded snow tires on...

I'm thinkin lawyer but fuck am I broke - stupid holiday gifts...
help, suggestions, ideas?

Offline Chad D.

Re: donuts + cops = ticket X fuckage
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 02:21:19 PM »
dude, that sucks, and I'm not sure about Michigan law so I can't help out any. Over here I take it to court, file for disclosure, they are always horrible with that stuff and never have it all together and I win. Not sure about Detroit, but I'd imagine they are stretched a bit thin, do this if possible.
You are better than me, I would have told prick cop that he should f*ck himself. ;)

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
    • Elegant Lady Bridal and Tuxedo
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 05:51:21 AM »
The problems with Michigan is the law seems to favor the cop in all instances.  Cops are suppose to like donuts and besides you were driving it like the way you were suppose too lol.

All in all that really sucks ass.  Did they actually see you do that?  you were not on a public road way.  You were on private property.

Be careful too.  Michigan loves to stick you with their new "Lets make a profit campaign" also known as driver's responsibility fees.
"Long Live Rotary"

An RX-7 is like having a slut as a gf! She will love you, but she will also screw around with the guy at the parts store, most of the local cops, your insurance agent, your apex seals, your bank account and your credit card!!!

Offline fidelity101

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 09:57:16 AM »
I'm about to turn 25 in April so the insurance rates are going to kill me so I need to get a lawyer and I managed to get a few numbers so I'm going to do some calling and see whats what.

I still haven't gone to the madison heights police station to pickup my ID, I feel like its a trap or something. I'm sure its an astronomical fee to bail my ID out of jail. I should really just let them keep that one and I should just get an MI license.

The cop said he saw me do it.

first time pulled over in that car, I had a good streak.

Offline Kentetsu

• The older I get, the faster I go
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2011, 12:47:58 PM »
It was private property.  He would be within his rights if you were screwing around on the road, but not on private property.  Do some internet research and you can get some good tips on how to fight a ticket.  A lot of times it simply comes down to the cop not showing up for the court date, which means you win by default.
"Learn from the past, or it will become your future...."

'85 GS 12a/Sterling carb/Respeed coilovers/Respeed front swaybar/Respeed adj. rear spring perches/Illuminas

AutoX vids @ You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline awfc3s

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
  • ~Keep It Sideways~
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2011, 07:34:32 AM »
The private property thing could possibly help you, but for a reckless ticket, it doesn't matter if the cop is there or not. You will get fucked. It really comes down to you needing a lawyer or at least a lawyers advice.
'88 SE LSX (Dead)
'87 LSX drift car
'90 TurboII vert
'94 Silver Stone Metallic Touring

Offline fidelity101

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2011, 05:43:15 AM »
Got referral for a lawyer and the ball is in motion at least. If I get a reckless driving ticket that can kiss my automotive/heavy trucking field job bye bye...

I would probably just dip out of the industry for 5 years...

Offline fidelity101

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2012, 11:15:18 AM »
okay he brought it down from a reckless/misdemeanor to a total of 300 in fines and 2 points, a failure to due caution or something? for 175 and for 125 was a double parking ticket.

Offline ITSWILL

• Rotary God!!
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2012, 05:10:47 PM »
Awesome news. Good to hear. You can probably take that online defensive driving class and get rid of the points.
86 Base LS1 w/100 shot
88 TII 20B T70 turbo

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
    • Elegant Lady Bridal and Tuxedo
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2012, 05:27:26 AM »
I am glad you were able to get it reduced.
"Long Live Rotary"

An RX-7 is like having a slut as a gf! She will love you, but she will also screw around with the guy at the parts store, most of the local cops, your insurance agent, your apex seals, your bank account and your credit card!!!

Offline fidelity101

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2012, 06:10:54 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Awesome news. Good to hear. You can probably take that online defensive driving class and get rid of the points.

interesting, where can I look up info on that?