Author Topic: Mazda rotary day at a track? Waterford or any others.  (Read 3258 times)

Offline BigDawg

• 2004 Titanium RX8GT recient engine replacement 67k
Mazda rotary day at a track? Waterford or any others.
« on: March 06, 2012, 04:39:01 PM »
I am new to the site and have a 2004 RX8 Titanium GT as a daily summer driver. I am interested in some crusin laps around a race track like Waterford.  Does anyone know of something like this for Mazda rotary's.  I at one time owned a Triumph Spitfire and took some laps a Waterford back in the 80's on a Brit day.

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
    • Elegant Lady Bridal and Tuxedo
Re: Mazda rotary day at a track? Waterford or any others.
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 05:52:22 AM »
I moved this topic here under the racing events.  It is a more appropriate location for your psot and should help you get a more accurate answer.  There are various events that do take place at waterford race track.  I am not an expert on what goes on there, but i am sure someone on the forum can give you a good answer.  Thanks for joining.
"Long Live Rotary"

An RX-7 is like having a slut as a gf! She will love you, but she will also screw around with the guy at the parts store, most of the local cops, your insurance agent, your apex seals, your bank account and your credit card!!!

Offline toplessFC3Sman

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 12:47:03 PM »
That would be a lot of fun... I went out with the 'vert to one of the Corvette Club's "autocrosses" at waterford, which was basically a lap of the track, since it was the only way to do it before I have the money to install a roll bar.  I'd love to do it again, but I don't know if insurance would even allow a convertible without a bar under any circumstances anymore.

Offline XLNDRVR

• Revotee
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 03:48:15 PM »
Try the Alfa Romeo Club. They have been very welcoming and have an event at Grattan on May 28th.  Scott @ 313-562-9436.  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

'85 GSL in a billion pieces.  For now - stock 12A, full RB dual exhaust, Re-Speed R&P conversion, 15x7 Konig rims, Tokico Blues, RB lowering springs, poly bushings, rats removal.

Offline gzfqy6

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 04:40:17 AM »
The club listed below is a great group of guys and there are a few of us old school Mazdas along with the RX8's in the club.  They generally have a gathering at Waterford, but for some reason not yet this year.  If you do not want to actually do the track event, you can still show up & drive the track civily ;) without a helmet at the lunch break.  As mentioned, the Alfa clubs are a great group also.

Gingerman is by far the safest if you want to drive hard. Waterford is very fun, but pretty unforgiving when going off the track.........remember in most cases your regular insurance does not cover you.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
"No matter how late it is, it's never as late as it is later on"

'84 GSL-SE. ReSpeed, Mazdatrix, RacingBeat, G-Force Engineering bits, Miata gearset, 15" Drag DR-9 wheels.

Offline fidelity101

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 06:35:36 AM »
Thursdays at Clio auto city speedway there is open test and tune, I'm gonna head there on the 12th and burn off some extra tires without a reckless driving lol