Author Topic: Time to plan another summer bbq cruise. 2012  (Read 4017 times)

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
    • Elegant Lady Bridal and Tuxedo
Time to plan another summer bbq cruise. 2012
« on: March 26, 2012, 06:00:26 AM »
Time to plan another summer  bbq cruise. I am thinking a sunday in late aug would be good.  I would suggest fitzgerald park again since there is quite a bit there.  I personally love to walk the ledges along the grand river.

We will need people to coordinate what they plan on bringing. 

We will do another cruise from pontiac through the backroads to get there.  That was a lot of fun, besides some of the sunday drivers we found along the way.  Somone can begin planning a cruise for grand rapids area to meet us all at fitzgerald park in Grand Ledge.  I am open to suggestions.
"Long Live Rotary"

An RX-7 is like having a slut as a gf! She will love you, but she will also screw around with the guy at the parts store, most of the local cops, your insurance agent, your apex seals, your bank account and your credit card!!!

Offline fidelity101

Re: Time to plan another summer bbq cruise. 2012
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 07:45:38 AM »
I'm down!

likely for both!

Offline MMeglen

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 09:16:34 AM »
I would be down as well.  The park is only about a 2 hour drive for me which isn't too bad. 

Offline Team Classic

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 01:42:54 PM »
Can We make it on A sat i live 4 hr away and I love to Be with u guys and see the cars Thanks

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 11:43:32 AM »
the only reason i suggeest sunday is so that the wife and i can both attend the event since we own a bridal shop.  sundays are when we are closed so it works best for both of us to be able to attend and right now we do not have anyone to work the saturday for us.
"Long Live Rotary"

An RX-7 is like having a slut as a gf! She will love you, but she will also screw around with the guy at the parts store, most of the local cops, your insurance agent, your apex seals, your bank account and your credit card!!!

Offline Team Classic

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2012, 12:48:29 PM »
Its all good I can just go to a cruise with you guys Had u guys ever Do a ride in traverse city?

Offline Chad D.

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2012, 06:33:02 PM »
I'm down for cruisin' with you yanks. Last year was great!

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2012, 07:00:35 PM »
Dam Canucks,  I guess we can invite you along again lol
"Long Live Rotary"

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2012, 02:14:06 PM »
we may postpone the bbq to happen about a week or two before dream cruise.  This to ensure everyones car is running for the trip.  I asked awfcs to do most of the planning of events.  That should include at least some gatherings for a beer(or beverage of choice) and cars.
"Long Live Rotary"

Offline fidelity101

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2012, 10:47:56 AM »
There is a big BBQ for rotaries in Chicago (where I used to live) I'm gonna cruise down there for sure this year, its usually around early august or july. We can just crash at my folks place and cruise to the BBQ or cruise to the BBQ then crash at my folks place lol.

Offline ITSWILL

• Rotary God!!
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2012, 06:59:26 AM »
Sounds good guys, starting to hear sounds of life from the 20b just a few pops.  I am switching the standalone to a megasquirt 3 so I can run timing split on the 20B.  Can't wait to show it off!
86 Base LS1 w/100 shot
88 TII 20B T70 turbo

Offline toplessFC3Sman

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2012, 12:44:54 PM »
Yea, the MS3 should be able to handle the 20b just fine.  Glad to hear its slowly coming to life!

Offline fidelity101

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2012, 07:04:02 AM »
Please not august 4th weekend, that is the Chicago rotary club BBQ.

Offline ITSWILL

• Rotary God!!
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2012, 12:02:30 PM »
Rich, can we go ahead and move this to the upcoming events section and start planning.  Maybe put up a poll as to which weekend in August. 4th, 11th, or 25th Even july 28th would work for me.
86 Base LS1 w/100 shot
88 TII 20B T70 turbo

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2012, 05:45:40 AM »
Did everyone place their vote yet for the summer bbq?  If not then please go to the event section and vote.  We would like everyone in the club to have a say when and where we hold events. 

If someone would like to organize a few smaller meet and greets prior to the big bbq, then please feel free to do so.  we could meet up at a microbrewery or something.
"Long Live Rotary"