Author Topic: Weekend Cruising...  (Read 1934 times)

Offline Project#7

Weekend Cruising...
« on: April 09, 2012, 12:14:42 PM »
Got to cruise this last weekend with the top down... Started in Ann Arbor and cruised out to Tecumseh. It was pretty nice out  ;D

Also found a bunch of morels during a hike through the woods with the fiance's family...

Anyone else have a good weekend?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 12:17:49 PM by Project#7 »

Offline Project#7

Re: Weekend Cruising...
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 12:22:49 PM »
Does anyone have any good recipes or ideas for the use of my Morels...

Offline fidelity101

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 01:25:54 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Does anyone have any good recipes or ideas for the use of my Morels...

mmmmmmm tasty!!!

a little bit of butter and some fresh black pepper ground up.

pan fry

thats it!

Offline Project#7

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 01:43:59 PM »
Sounds about right... I was actually thinking of doing that then making perogies out of them.

Except instead of boiling the perogies i was thinking deep fry...  :P

Grilled Potato-Morel Pierogies
INGREDIENTS
1 cup morels (1 ounce)
1 cup boiling water
2 cups all-purpose flour
Salt
2 large eggs, beaten with 1/4 cup water
1 1/2 pounds Idaho potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
1/2 cup warm milk
1/4 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
Freshly ground pepper
Vegetable oil, for coating

In a heatproof bowl, soak the morels in the boiling water until softened, about 20 minutes. Rub them to loosen any grit, then lift them out and coarsely chop.
In a large bowl, combine the flour with 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Add the eggs and stir until the dough just comes together. Transfer to a lightly floured work surface and knead briefly until soft and smooth. Wrap the dough in plastic and set aside at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook the potatoes in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until tender, about 20 minutes; drain. Return the potatoes to the pan and shake over high heat to dry them, about 1 minute. Using a potato masher, mash the potatoes. Mash in the milk, sour cream, Parmesan and butter. Stir in the morels and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a bowl and let cool slightly.
Cut the dough in half and pat each piece into a disk. On a well-floured work surface, roll out the disks to 9-inch rounds. Cover with plastic wrap and let stand for 15 minutes.
On a floured work surface, roll out 1 round at a time to a 1/16-inch thickness. Using a 4-inch biscuit cutter, stamp out 9 smaller rounds. Lightly moisten the edge of 1 round and dollop 1 rounded tablespoon of the potato filling on half of it. Pat the filling slightly; fold the dough over the filling to form a half moon and press the edges to seal. Set aside on a floured platter. Repeat with the rest of the dough and filling.
Cook half the pierogies at a time in a large pot of boiling salted water until they rise to the surface, about 1 minute. Using a slotted spoon, transfer them to paper towels and dry. In a large bowl, toss the pierogies with just enough vegetable oil to coat.
Light a grill or heat a grill pan. Grill the pierogies over a hot fire, turning once, until browned, about 3 minutes per side. Remove from the grill.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 01:51:32 PM by Project#7 »

Offline fidelity101

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 06:32:52 AM »
Okay that sounds awesome too lol. maybe pan fry them with spinach instead of deep fry. aaaaaand now I'm hungry lol. I think I will have to go to the polish market for lunch today.

Offline Project#7

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 07:07:24 AM »
yeah, I could go for some food now, why is lunch so far away still...

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
    • Elegant Lady Bridal and Tuxedo
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 10:39:47 AM »
great find, wish my lunch was better
"Long Live Rotary"

An RX-7 is like having a slut as a gf! She will love you, but she will also screw around with the guy at the parts store, most of the local cops, your insurance agent, your apex seals, your bank account and your credit card!!!