Author Topic: Metro Cruise (Grand Rapids)  (Read 3835 times)

Offline Kentetsu

• The older I get, the faster I go
Metro Cruise (Grand Rapids)
« on: August 17, 2011, 04:45:04 AM »
The Grand Rapids Metro Cruise will take place the weekend following Detroit's Dream Cruise.  The two events are very similar, but the GR event tends to be less crowded (= less time stuck in traffic).

Our local club, Furrin Group, is also planning to have autocross races Friday and Saturday nights as part of the festivities.  The lot we are looking at has great visibility, and is right on the main cruise route.

If anyone is coming from out of town, and would like to camp at my place, just let me know.  My place is about 3 blocks from the cruise route, and my back yard is like a private park (very nice for camping).

I may try to organize a BBQ or something over the weekend as well as part of a Rotary Meet, depending on interest.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

"Learn from the past, or it will become your future...."

'85 GS 12a/Sterling carb/Respeed coilovers/Respeed front swaybar/Respeed adj. rear spring perches/Illuminas

AutoX vids @ You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Kentetsu

Re: Metro Cruise (Grand Rapids)
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 06:12:40 AM »
Here's a bump for this weekend. :)

'85 GS 12a/Sterling carb/Respeed coilovers/Respeed front swaybar/Respeed adj. rear spring perches/Illuminas

Offline Kentetsu

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 07:33:52 AM »
The fun starts tomorrow.  Who's coming?

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
    • Elegant Lady Bridal and Tuxedo
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 08:06:04 AM »
I would love to go, but unable to make it this year.  If anyone can make it up there let us know.  Love for you to take pictures too.
"Long Live Rotary"

An RX-7 is like having a slut as a gf! She will love you, but she will also screw around with the guy at the parts store, most of the local cops, your insurance agent, your apex seals, your bank account and your credit card!!!

Offline Kentetsu

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 03:11:05 PM »
Almost that time of year again.  Plans remain the same: out of towners let me know if you want to camp or crash on a couch.  Got plenty of room, and only a few blocks off of 28th street (the cruise). 

I don't know the specific date yet, but will let you know when I do.

P.S.  If I get my "new" GSL up and running in time, the wife and I might take both cars (and both sons) to the Woodward cruise this year.  :)

Offline Kentetsu

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 11:22:35 AM »
Offer still stands for camping/couch crashing at my place for anybody coming in from out of town.  Beer and bonfires are guaranteed.  :)

Offline krazykreiner

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2012, 09:58:33 AM »
To bad you will not be able to make it to dream cruise this year Kentetsu, We will not be able to make it out to the cruise on your side of the state this year. Between having a surprise party for rich's mom and Saturday and the guys down here cruising to Grand Ledge as well. And then we are moving our bridal shop from MI to IN on sunday, we will be very busy. But hope you guys have fun and we will need to get out that way sometime soon.

Offline Kentetsu

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2012, 05:42:53 PM »
Anytime you guys can make it over, you'll be welcome at my place.  Have a good time at the Cruise. :)

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
    • Elegant Lady Bridal and Tuxedo
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2012, 06:29:22 AM »
How did the cruise go?
"Long Live Rotary"

An RX-7 is like having a slut as a gf! She will love you, but she will also screw around with the guy at the parts store, most of the local cops, your insurance agent, your apex seals, your bank account and your credit card!!!