Author Topic: New Member  (Read 3827 times)

Offline dyckvk

Re: New Member
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2013, 05:09:50 PM »
Thanks.  I don't know Itswill but would love to learn more about these cars and an ability to maintain it myself.  I drove the car the other day and it's much better than it was.  With all the suspension work that's been done it's much more controlled in ride and handling and more like I remember the Rx7 driving.  It also sits properly - it had a 1" lean when I got it.  The engine starts fine and idles well now, no more sputtering and hunting for a proper rpm.  The only remaining issue (hopefully) relates to a slightly damaged pick up coil in that the car has a miss below roughly 3000 rpms, but once you're above that, the engine just takes off and rockets to redline.  The coil, rotor and cap will be replaced shortly.  With that, hopefully I have lots of fun ahead.  The Rx has a fantastic engine and exhaust note.  Looking forward to some club events!

Offline dyckvk

Re: New Member
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2013, 06:13:57 PM »
Hello - It's been a while since my last post.  The big news is that I've purchased another 1985 Rx7 GSL-SE.  This car is exactly what I've been looking for: a low mile, all original car. No rust, runs great, everything works.  So, my earlier Rx7 GSL-SE - pictures above - is for sale!  There is much good and bad about the car and I'd be happy to discuss all of it with anyone who's interested. 

Pictures of the new car are as follows! Thanks for all of your help and suggestions about the earlier car.  I look forward to any club gatherings.