Author Topic: Looks like the weather has finally improved!!!!  (Read 2140 times)

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
    • Elegant Lady Bridal and Tuxedo
Looks like the weather has finally improved!!!!
« on: May 01, 2013, 11:28:23 AM »
Looks like the weather has finally improved, time to start thinking about getting our cars out of hibernation.  Last weekend i just installed a new battery in our convertible becuase the other one was less then a year old and had died completly.  Once i did that i started the car up with no issues and let it run to operating temp.  I will need to get on the ball on my other engine and get it assembled.
"Long Live Rotary"

An RX-7 is like having a slut as a gf! She will love you, but she will also screw around with the guy at the parts store, most of the local cops, your insurance agent, your apex seals, your bank account and your credit card!!!

Offline fidelity101

Re: Looks like the weather has finally improved!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 12:28:48 PM »
You and me both! I have one final order to place with mazda, then order o-ring kit from rotary aviation. In the meantime I have to clean my irons, rotors, housings and then do my port work.

I just have to decide half bridge or street port.....

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
    • Elegant Lady Bridal and Tuxedo
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 06:26:43 AM »
i need the water seals etc for my engine.  how much would that cost, i havent looked it up yet.
"Long Live Rotary"

An RX-7 is like having a slut as a gf! She will love you, but she will also screw around with the guy at the parts store, most of the local cops, your insurance agent, your apex seals, your bank account and your credit card!!!

Offline fidelity101

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 09:27:42 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
i need the water seals etc for my engine.  how much would that cost, i havent looked it up yet.

I typically operate at 210 degrees F with these, no coolant issues at all.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Rx8vsMalibu

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2013, 04:51:40 PM »
Since the weather has finally improved, I was thinking of a little meet up. Maybe at Kart2Kart? Are there any suggestions for another place or a date? I'm thinking of a weekend at the end of May or beginning of June. This way, everyone has had a chance to bring their cars back to life for the summer.

Offline fidelity101

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2013, 06:16:40 AM »
yeah that would be fun, we can even aim for a woodward meet (non dream cruise date) and just do our own cars and coffee or cars and ice cream :)