Generation Specific > 1st Generation Specific

master cylinder swap

(1/1)

gzfqy6:
Will the gen2 turbo brake master cylinder bolt to a GSL-SE booster?

~Groll69~:
I am not sure if you found the answer or not,  I do know the clutch master cylinder is the same between 1st and 2nd gen cars

gzfqy6:
...well yes & no.  No: the master cylinders of a 2nd gen will not bolt to a 1st gen booster as the mounting is in a different plane.  Vertical for 1st gen, horizontal for 2nd..........So the new question is.......will the 2nd gen turbo booster/master cylinder fit in the 1st gen firewall. :-\

This was all just to see if I could get a larger bore master cylinder in the car to have a little less pedal travel.......and what the heck.....silly projects are fun. :)

~Groll69~:
i want to say the bolt holes are the same, but since they had changed the plane of the master cylinder then i truly cant say.  If i felt like experimenting, i could check it out since i do have 2nd gen parts and a first gen gls-se in my garage.  But it is to cold for me to try to play in there with this wonderful weather we have had.

gzfqy6:
This has been a brutal winter (has been...........it's still only January  :'().  I was hoping to have a new engine broken in as we have usually had a couple thaws by now.  As it is with a snowmagedden every week there will be salt & snow till mid May.  Looks like I will be missing my first event in April.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version