Author Topic: New guy here  (Read 2021 times)

Offline murz

New guy here
« on: September 09, 2013, 05:32:55 PM »
Hello everyone,

So anyways, new to this site. Heres my life story... Well I own an arctic silver metallic 1986 GXL, the body is in near perfect condition, how-ever it has difficulties running currently. Well I have high hopes, and hope to have it running by the end of this month. I currently live in Massachusetts, and well I'm moving back to Troy MI in October, so either way it's coming with me. While most people's dream cars are lambos, Ferraris, and other super cars, mine has always been the FC.
   I love driving, and really miss driving the rocket, I'm hoping this site does alot of events and what not that I can participate in when I have her up and running.
1986 AS GXL Turbo swapped
1993 VR R1

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
    • Elegant Lady Bridal and Tuxedo
Re: New guy here
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 05:31:51 AM »
Welcome to the site.  When are you planning on moving to troy?  I live in pontiac nearby.
"Long Live Rotary"

An RX-7 is like having a slut as a gf! She will love you, but she will also screw around with the guy at the parts store, most of the local cops, your insurance agent, your apex seals, your bank account and your credit card!!!

Offline murz

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 02:30:32 PM »
October 11th I'll be driving there in my MX3, getting the RX towed, excited! Found out the EGR valve is stuck open today, this might be the culprit! Where abouts in Pontiac?
1993 VR R1

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 07:47:03 AM »
i live near Perry and MLK in pontiac.  a stuck open egr valve would cuase some issues.  I am glad you found that problem.
"Long Live Rotary"

An RX-7 is like having a slut as a gf! She will love you, but she will also screw around with the guy at the parts store, most of the local cops, your insurance agent, your apex seals, your bank account and your credit card!!!

Offline murz

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 02:07:24 PM »
Oh yeah, I know that area. After intake gaskets come in I'll be blocking off the EGR, hopefully that fixes it! If not, I really have no other idea, everything else has been checked. Anyways here's a picture You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login hope it works.  Any events coming up October time frame?
1993 VR R1

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2013, 06:20:40 AM »
I haven't planned anything yet, but can certainly plan something.  I have been meeting up with awfcs and itswill reguarly.  Working on awfcs he was swaping to a truck motor in his base fc and itswill, i have been helping build his pole barn on the weekends.
"Long Live Rotary"

Offline fidelity101

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2013, 06:41:28 AM »
welcome!

I live near you so I will be sure to keep an eye out.

Offline murz

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2013, 01:45:16 PM »
Sounds like all you guys are a pretty tight club! Well I'm in Mass right now, The last year and a half I've been here I've seen probably 5 RX7s, all generations. Any of you guys have a white FC? Reason I ask is I saw one driving through the intersection at 13 and Campbell, and it was beautiful, not sure if that's one of you guys. Pretty excited to return to MI!  Where exactly are you at Fidelity?
1993 VR R1