Author Topic: Your thoughts on the goverment shutdown  (Read 1670 times)

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
    • Elegant Lady Bridal and Tuxedo
Your thoughts on the goverment shutdown
« on: October 02, 2013, 10:34:57 AM »
What are your thoughts on the goverment shutdown?  I know i have a few opinions and will provide them later. 
"Long Live Rotary"

An RX-7 is like having a slut as a gf! She will love you, but she will also screw around with the guy at the parts store, most of the local cops, your insurance agent, your apex seals, your bank account and your credit card!!!

Offline murz

Re: Your thoughts on the goverment shutdown
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 05:16:23 PM »
Well I think it's pathetic it has to come down to this. I know a ton of people that have been affected by this, and never saw this coming. (In the military currently and have friends in the VA, on base contractors, etc.) It's really a recipe for disaster. I personally don't agree with our current administration in the slightest. Just bad leadership that's been building up. I'm fortunate that in my last days in the military I don't have to worry about this affecting me.
1986 AS GXL Turbo swapped
1993 VR R1

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
    • Elegant Lady Bridal and Tuxedo
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2013, 08:11:01 AM »
It is bad leadership.  I work for the army as a civilian.  It has been very bad that we have not had a financial budget in 5 years.  We cannot properly plan to get the best equipment for our soldiers at the best price if we have to worry if there is money to pay or not.  If there is a greater risk of not getting paid, contractors will then demand more money.

I am glad my job is considered essential, therefore I am still working for the time.  With so many people on furlough, it does make my job that much more difficult.  I think the government officials need to sit down and negotiate the budget and create one that starts to reduce our debt.  The Obamacare bill is unaffordable at this time.  Plus I don't want to be penalized if I choose not to purchase something, such as health insurance.  I don't want government telling  me that I have to buy something, that goes against free market.  I will buy it if I feel it is worth my money, nor do I want to pay for someone else to get the insurance.  It is the companies that need to provide the service and recognize the free market, not the govt.   Mixed into all of this is the debt ceiling too.  we should not raise the debt ceiling to pay for our bills.  we need to suck it up and pay them by cutting things where we can to do so.  Its about maintaining a budget.

sorry, my little soap box
"Long Live Rotary"

An RX-7 is like having a slut as a gf! She will love you, but she will also screw around with the guy at the parts store, most of the local cops, your insurance agent, your apex seals, your bank account and your credit card!!!

Offline murz

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2013, 11:31:56 AM »
Glad you're still working and getting paid. Every civilian Marine I know that works for us is currently not working! The last few months have been pretty bad for us though, for example, not being able to pay highway tolls, having to pay out of pocket for gas etc. Didn't except it to get worse though! We seriously have absolutely zero funds right now. The entire 'Obamacare' thing is ridiculous, totally un-American if you ask me. It shouldn't even be something that's being discussed right now, especially right now. I just hope the Gov't gets turned back on soon, and what ever compromise is made, hopefully it's for the good of the people, and not the elite. You're right, it's all about budgeting.
1986 AS GXL Turbo swapped
1993 VR R1

Offline fidelity101

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2013, 07:40:02 AM »
Yeah I am worried about a friend of mine who is going to kettering because of the GI bill but because of this it wont pay for his school then he is out of work too because kettering works as a co-op.