Generation Specific > 1st Generation Build thread

84 GSL-SE

<< < (6/6)

~Groll69~:
Well i can get the car running and it will hold a bouncy idle around 900-1050.  Haro2488 came over and helped me with it.  We then ran another compression test on it and was getting 60s on the rear rotors and 35s on on the front rotors.  I am going to try some atf and seafoam in it to seal if it is just the seals stuck or not.  Otherwise the only hope for this car is a full rebuild. 

ITSWILL:
I wouldn't seafoam that engine or use ATF on it.  Do some research on ATF and you will find it's no good for the engine.  I ran seafoam on my RX7 one time all it did was make it run like shit.  I recommend putting a little oil in it and rotating it everyday for a week or so to loosen up the seals, then retest the compression.  Last I remember the compression on that engine was borderline but even between rotors and every face.  If anything the seals could be carboned up from running like shit and then sitting.  I guess with that said I still recommend rebuilding that engine like i did over a year ago.

~Groll69~:
Itswill, I agreed with your re-building assesment.  The guy keeps wanting to bandaid.  I will try what i can for band-aiding.  The biggest issue is to try to get the buildup off of the seals, the cleaner is the better way to start.  I am still iffy about the ATF, but I will be researching more tonight before i move forward.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version