Author Topic: New to MI  (Read 1923 times)

Offline Driven233

New to MI
« on: March 19, 2014, 06:55:17 PM »
Hello Forum!

Moved here a little over a year ago from Florida, hadn't heard of this forum until now, groll69 suggested i join!

This is the car I brought with me

Its aim is to be a reliable weekend car for cruising and AX/HPDE

There is a laundry list of things to do now... top of the list includes a coolant pressure test to try and flush out an issue (miniscule leak around turbos, already have hoses that i've preemptively ordered to replace), diff brace, wheel bearings, fluids check/replace, catback, 99spec y-pipe, fuel pump, roll fenders... list never seems to stop with these cars...

Problem is finding room to work on it, the glorified carport the complex calls a "garage" that it has lived in since nov has a terrible floor and floods often, so working there gives me the sads... looking into renting/buying a house 99% because i want a decent garage lol, hopefully one of my friends with the requisite workspace will be able to accomodate me before the seasons for AX and HPDE begin in earnest.

Looking forward to seeing all of you on the roads, wrenching cars or chilling on woodward! (maybe even DGRR?)

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
    • Elegant Lady Bridal and Tuxedo
Re: New to MI
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 06:26:18 AM »
Welcome to the forum.  Most of us have been busy in some fashion with our cars this winter.  I myself have gotten into trying to reassemble the original engine out of my mythical red car.  These cars are also like lays patatoe chips, you cant have just one, I have a 88 convertible that i will have to begin wrenching on soon once i get it from my Aunts house where it has been in storage.
"Long Live Rotary"

An RX-7 is like having a slut as a gf! She will love you, but she will also screw around with the guy at the parts store, most of the local cops, your insurance agent, your apex seals, your bank account and your credit card!!!

Offline Driven233

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2014, 12:54:56 PM »
Thanks for the welcome! I cant see how people could be busy with working on cars during the winter we're having, unless one has a heated attached garage, which is a dream... I never loved my parents old 2-car until now!

True that, I have entertained the thought of a project rx3 or fb once i have more space... but for now the FD commands my excess cash flow and very soon my attention...

Offline fidelity101

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2014, 02:33:28 PM »
Aren't you one of stevespeeds friends? Met you at the silverdome over the summer for one of the DET SCCA Autox's

Offline Driven233

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2014, 05:14:42 PM »
Yup, that was me, rallycross white FC?

Have you noticed, the first 3 events from SCCA are at silverdome... i can only imagine how terrible it will be after this winter...

Steve is debating not running cause it would be hell on his c6z, but i could see him running something else though...

Offline fidelity101

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2014, 06:39:27 AM »
yes! I'm hoping to bring it back to the dome for some tire shredding shennanigans. Basically legal drifting.