Author Topic: Ice Racing this weekend at Chippewa Lake  (Read 2487 times)

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
    • Elegant Lady Bridal and Tuxedo
Ice Racing this weekend at Chippewa Lake
« on: February 13, 2014, 06:08:37 AM »
Ice Racing this weekend at Chippewa Lake

If you have a car you would like to ice race, then go to the MIRA (Michigan Ice Racing Association) webpage for rules.  You must have a helmet, rear facing white light and and fire extingisher within reach of the driver.
"Long Live Rotary"

An RX-7 is like having a slut as a gf! She will love you, but she will also screw around with the guy at the parts store, most of the local cops, your insurance agent, your apex seals, your bank account and your credit card!!!

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
Re: Ice Racing this weekend at Chippewa Lake
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 08:06:08 AM »
There is more ice racing this weekend.  The course was lengthened and turned into more of a road style course.  I was not there, but Russ who i split the car with took first on many of those races that he participated in.  I hope others can make it out this weekend for the fun.  if your not racing at least come watch us run.  Its a great time for sure.
"Long Live Rotary"

An RX-7 is like having a slut as a gf! She will love you, but she will also screw around with the guy at the parts store, most of the local cops, your insurance agent, your apex seals, your bank account and your credit card!!!

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 07:21:20 AM »
The last weekend Ice racing was a blast, though i only got to run two races before the radiator sprunk a leak on saturday.  We spent the rest of the afternoon tracking down a new radiator and installing it in order to race again on sunday.  I did better sunday by having two 2nd place finishes and two 3rd place finishes.  Overall it was a great weekend. 

Thanks Will for letting me run some hot laps in your car saturday night.  It gave me a much better feel for the track that i didnt have before. 

I suggest we get more guys from the club up there next weekend.  I think Will is going to try and pick up another RX-7 to race in the rear wheel drive class.  I am going to run whatever car i can find or drive with.
"Long Live Rotary"

Offline fidelity101

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 08:51:33 AM »
did you guys get any photos from the weekend? I'd be tempted to sell my rx7 for an ice race car. I may buy my roommates rx8 to turn into a rally car, not 100% sure yet on that tho.

rx7 would come with a fresh rebuilt engine too.

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2014, 09:36:25 AM »
you can race your rx7 on the ice next year if you would like.  I know Will is thinking about picking up a cheap rxy NA to race next year since between him and i we have enough parts for NA's.  Besides we can certainly use more rear wheel drive competition out there.
"Long Live Rotary"

Offline fidelity101

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2014, 11:55:54 AM »
I wanted to compete this year but the truck needed some overhauling for hauling and then the insurance claim on my broke phone hurt a bit too.