Author Topic: master cylinder swap  (Read 1132 times)

Offline gzfqy6

master cylinder swap
« on: June 19, 2013, 10:07:52 AM »
Will the gen2 turbo brake master cylinder bolt to a GSL-SE booster?
"No matter how late it is, it's never as late as it is later on"

'84 GSL-SE. ReSpeed, Mazdatrix, RacingBeat, G-Force Engineering bits, Miata gearset, 15" Drag DR-9 wheels.

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
    • Elegant Lady Bridal and Tuxedo
Re: master cylinder swap
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2013, 11:01:15 AM »
I am not sure if you found the answer or not,  I do know the clutch master cylinder is the same between 1st and 2nd gen cars
"Long Live Rotary"

An RX-7 is like having a slut as a gf! She will love you, but she will also screw around with the guy at the parts store, most of the local cops, your insurance agent, your apex seals, your bank account and your credit card!!!

Offline gzfqy6

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 10:49:42 AM »
...well yes & no.  No: the master cylinders of a 2nd gen will not bolt to a 1st gen booster as the mounting is in a different plane.  Vertical for 1st gen, horizontal for 2nd..........So the new question is.......will the 2nd gen turbo booster/master cylinder fit in the 1st gen firewall. :-\

This was all just to see if I could get a larger bore master cylinder in the car to have a little less pedal travel.......and what the heck.....silly projects are fun. :)

'84 GSL-SE. ReSpeed, Mazdatrix, RacingBeat, G-Force Engineering bits, Miata gearset, 15" Drag DR-9 wheels.

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
    • Elegant Lady Bridal and Tuxedo
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 11:32:29 AM »
i want to say the bolt holes are the same, but since they had changed the plane of the master cylinder then i truly cant say.  If i felt like experimenting, i could check it out since i do have 2nd gen parts and a first gen gls-se in my garage.  But it is to cold for me to try to play in there with this wonderful weather we have had.
"Long Live Rotary"

An RX-7 is like having a slut as a gf! She will love you, but she will also screw around with the guy at the parts store, most of the local cops, your insurance agent, your apex seals, your bank account and your credit card!!!

Offline gzfqy6

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 09:42:25 AM »
This has been a brutal winter (has been...........it's still only January  :'().  I was hoping to have a new engine broken in as we have usually had a couple thaws by now.  As it is with a snowmagedden every week there will be salt & snow till mid May.  Looks like I will be missing my first event in April.