Generation Specific > 2nd Generation Build Thread

1991 Dark Blue Convertible

<< < (2/4) > >>

ITSWILL:
I felt sick for a minute reading this.  I'm not sure I ever mentioned this to you but my TII swapped 86 caught fire for that exact reason.  I hastily installed the fuel rail and messed up an O-ring.  Luckily I decided to start carrying a fire extinguisher that night.  I drove it about 10 miles on the highway, when I got off I noticed some smoke. When I stopped and opened the hood I saw flames squirting out of the injector every time it pulsed.  Luckily I had the fire extinguisher or else it would have been a different story.  In the end I got it towed home and it had just melted some vacuum lines and OMP lines.

Nice choice on the exhaust too.  It is my favorite sounding exhaust for a rotary, it really livens up in the high RPMs.

Are you using the correct rubber hangers in the rear?  It appears to be hanging kind of low...

murz:
Yeah I was very lucky I didn't meet the same fate, or worse. Re-using O-rings or gaskets is something I don't like to do, but in the situation I was in forced me to use what I had, mind you, this was my daily driver at the time. I guess I've learned from this though, glad I had some O-rings back home.

Thank you, I love the sound! It's got such a nice deep tone, which makes it seem quieter, but a nice roar at WOT. Mind you, she's no race car, but a very pleasant car to drive in!

You're right, I do need to get some new exhaust hangers, mainly the back left muffler.

Body work is up next on the agenda! When I get to it...

murz:
So, I landed a new job where I actually enjoy working, that's a good thing as it's a first. Having a much longer drive, and with winter around the corner, I decided it would be best if I stored the 'Vert and bought something more practical.

Here's my new office view!
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I ended up buying a 2015 Sonic RS, brand new, the thought was to buy something that I would enjoy driving, with decent gas mileage, reliability, passenger room, storage room, and easily modifiable in the future.

This was back in October when I purchased her, I've put nearly 3000 miles on her already, and I'm very satisfied with my purchase.

Also, I finally fixed up my MX-3 as well, I'm planning on selling her soon. I now have Four running cars... which includes two running RX-7s, this is a first. As you can see space is getting a bit limited, which is why I decided to store the Vert in the garage.

I know I'm going to really miss driving her, as I already do, as fun as the Sonic is, you just can't beat the RX-7!

toplessFC3Sman:
Congrats on the job! It's really satisfying working somewhere that you enjoy - definitely makes life a lot easier.

murz:
Thanks!  Unfortunately there are no "car guys" here though. If i wasn't in school still, i'd have so much car time!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version