Generation Specific > Other Car Projects (Non-Rotary)

The rest of the fleet...

<< < (2/12) > >>

~Groll69~:
I am so glad i at least have my single garage and i am not stuck doing work in an apt parking lot.  I have done it before in the past and it sucks.  Plus i tend to have issues that crop up and take longer then anticipated to repair. 

Keep up the great work.  Nice stitch job on your mom's car there.  It gives it a mean look that says move out of my way.

toplessFC3Sman:
Well, the paved parking lot is better then my parent's gravel driveway anyway.  Sooooo looking forward to the 2-car garage on the house that Helen & I are trying to buy.

Anyhow, just replaced the brake pads with some EBC yellows for the HPDE next weekend. The Akebono ceramics have plenty of life on them, and will go back on the car afterwards, but I wanted a bit more grab and heat resistance when I know I'll be abusing the stock brakes.

toplessFC3Sman:
The HPDE this past weekend was a blast! It was my first time doing one, and I'm definitely hooked. Mid-Ohio was so much fun with all the blind corners & elevation changes - too bad I couldn't have brought the 7, but I've come to the realization that I really need to get a coupe to turn into a track-car instead of compromising the 'vert's functionality. The Saab performed flawlessly though, and was great to start out in. Lots of torque from 2000 RPM up to 6000, nice, safe FWD characteristics, but still pretty nimble and light-ish (~3200 lbs).

I moved up from the novice group (D) to group C at the beginning of Sunday, where I was much more well-matched in the corners, but definitely out-gunned in the straights. The group running the event (Ohio Valley Region Porsche Club) specified that if someone was faster than you in the corners, you had to let them pass, even if you pulled away in the straights.

Anyhow, on to the video:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

murz:
That looks like so much fun!!  So does that mean it's time to find another rx7? Haha

toplessFC3Sman:
I've been pondering that one myself... maybe even with fidelity's shell & the drivetrain out of Savannah.  On the other hand, maybe I want to see what else is out there - I've been looking at Fieros, Mk3 supras, C4 corvettes, Corvairs, MR2s, and the like for something cheap & track-capable.  Even better would be something that I could potentially run in 24 hours of Lemons.  Also, some of the RX-8's are getting pretty cheap too, although those tend to be the 2004 models that have more issues.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version