Generation Specific > Other Car Projects (Non-Rotary)

The rest of the fleet...

<< < (11/12) > >>

ITSWILL:
Those are sharp looking cars.  Funny, my ice racer is named Nina after a friend from college. 

~Groll69~:
Glad you have been getting things together since everything happened.  If you need a hand on anything, just let us know.  We are willing to come over and help you.

toplessFC3Sman:
Thanks I appreciate the offer :-)

The Saab sedan Annalie sold a couple of weekends ago, $3000, so I'm happy with that. Bessie (Mazda5 van) is going to be hanging out until at least January when I'll be sure that Nina (Saab wagon) is big enough for a trip back to visit family with Paul & the dogs. Otherwise, its just been small things here & there - getting Nina programmed so that the horn doesn't honk when locking/unlocking, disabling the TPMS system & automatic headlights, etc. She drives nicely and has been holding up well so far.

toplessFC3Sman:
Well... A bit has happened since the last time I put anything in this thread! Vera the RX-8 has been added to the family, we've got Gina's Subaru outback (A boy named Sue), and Nina the Saab Wagon was sold about 2 weeks ago for $4500, so $700 more than I paid back in 2018 although the used market is stronger now than then, plus she got a lot of maintenance in that time. Finally, last weekend I flew out to CT to pick up a 2012 Mazda5 minivan, with manual trans of course!

She has 108k miles, feels like everything is in good shape, minimal rust(!!!), and should be just what my growing family needs. The 2012s have a much-needed 6th gear for the highway in the manual trans, and more sound deadening, so the 700 mile trip back from CT to MI was pretty comfortable. I'm ordering a trailer hitch, roof racks etc for road trip duty, and will need a new set of wheels for summer tires (the 16" OEM ones are in decent shape, but will need new tires soon so they'll be the winter wheels). However, for the most part she'll be staying stock. Still need to decide on a name for her...

~Groll69~:
great buy.  didnt know a mini van existed in a manual anymore.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version