Author Topic: just another s4 artic silver build  (Read 2289 times)

Offline murz

Re: just another s4 artic silver build
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2015, 12:34:45 PM »
I second this!
1986 AS GXL Turbo swapped
1993 VR R1

Offline fidelity101

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2015, 08:34:02 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
How about a bridge and street port Fidelity  ;D

I could do that too. I built this half bridge (large streetport center)

made about 200whp on a up draft 48mm carb @ 12:1 AFR

I know a guy in wixom with a small home based machine shop that I have the initial drilling and milling for the bridgeport.

but this will take some time.

Offline murz

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2015, 09:31:03 AM »
that sounds awesome! Was that on a six or four port? Impressive either way
1993 VR R1

Offline fidelity101

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2015, 02:20:23 PM »
this was 4 port, s4 rotors too.

Offline FCwidman

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2015, 06:31:51 PM »
That things awesome!, When you do a half bridge do you bridge the primary or the secondary ports? and if you bridge the secondary do you bridge the aux too since im using 6port irons? And do people usually keep the actuators with a bridged 6port? (I could probably research this some more, but c'mon thats what you guys are for  ;D  )

How much would getting a half bridge and streetport run me? And Fidelity I'll buy that center iron off you if wanted to sell it, after your finish the port tho

Also still in the market for s4 rear housing, or maybe a set of T2 housing for a decent price.
Other stuff I'm going to need eventually are : 5 6th actuators if I keep them, T2 secondary injectors, also might need a new throttle body. If anyone have them one day I might buy them

Moving back to school this weekend which means back to my crappy minimum wage job, so my super slow build will get even slower. But in a few weeks I think im going to buy the rebuild parts/kit. My original plan was to use the atkins C kit, which has everything but oil pump chain and thrust bearings which i'll order too. 

Offline FCwidman

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2016, 02:47:08 PM »
Hey guys, update coming soon but for now I need some help getting it running right. I did the dreadful emissions Delete to make my engine bay pretty, put it together and had tons of vac leaks, fix all those and now it runs perfect except for the fact that it won't idle on its own, anything under 1k ish it starts dying but sounds smooth and beautiful above 1k (gilmer belt is awesome/annoying)

Offline murz

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2016, 11:39:05 AM »
Make sure the snorkel is on right and not making a leak. This happened to me before, it may need to warm up first too with emissions deleted.
1993 VR R1

Offline FCwidman

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2016, 02:18:30 PM »
by snorkel do you mean the intake elbow after the throttle body? and something terrible happened pretty much right after I typed the last reply. revd it to like 4k (fully warmed up) and it got loud kida like the cogged belt was slipping, so a pretty violent noise, checked the belt and its not that. spark plugs are fuel fouled out but i dont think that was the cause, just a result of whatever happend. my buddy ian (fcstark on here) said my water pump was pretty wobbly so maybe the noise is just the waterpump grenading instead of my engine grenading.
anyone ever have something like this happen?

Offline murz

« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2016, 04:30:08 PM »
Yep, if there's a bit of a gap between the TB and the bend, it can cause symptoms like that, obviously vacuum leaks too.

I know the water pump pulley can slap around and make that noise. Definitely check that out, how are you enjoying the belt sounds so far?
1993 VR R1

Offline FCwidman

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2016, 05:48:23 PM »
I love the belt thanks again,my neighbors probably not so much
I'm 99.5% sure it's the water pump, the shaft is broken or something, it's super hard to turn and wobbles like crazy. I think the no slippage and weight of the new pulley took out the 27 year old pump. Got a new one and set of spark plugs on the way

I'll post some pictures tmrw of the winter clean up process I've been doing