Author Topic: Bella - The 88 Project Vert  (Read 7487 times)

Offline murz

Re: Bella - The 88 Project Vert
« Reply #75 on: July 02, 2018, 05:31:42 AM »
Excellent mod, I did this on my silver car because of how bad the water pump slipped at higher RPMs, without the air-pump.
1986 AS GXL Turbo swapped
1993 VR R1

Offline toplessFC3Sman

« Reply #76 on: July 03, 2018, 11:46:25 AM »
Yea, I did the same thing when first turbo-swapping the 'vert. For the most part it works, but it is a bit sensitive to the belt selection and how close in diameter they are/how they wear. Going with an e-Fan and not driving it off the end of the water pump should help a bit.

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
    • Elegant Lady Bridal and Tuxedo
« Reply #77 on: August 05, 2018, 09:29:23 PM »
Last night, i was coming home from Lansing area and power steering felt like it went out.  I thought that i lost enough fluid from it leaking to cuase it to not work properly.  Well I investigated it today and this is what i saw.
"Long Live Rotary"

An RX-7 is like having a slut as a gf! She will love you, but she will also screw around with the guy at the parts store, most of the local cops, your insurance agent, your apex seals, your bank account and your credit card!!!

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
« Reply #78 on: August 05, 2018, 09:31:55 PM »
I was due to give Bella an oil change anyways.  I also had an extra pulley in my cabinet that i grabbed and installed.  Here is close up of the pulley and with the new one installed.
"Long Live Rotary"

An RX-7 is like having a slut as a gf! She will love you, but she will also screw around with the guy at the parts store, most of the local cops, your insurance agent, your apex seals, your bank account and your credit card!!!

Offline murz

« Reply #79 on: August 06, 2018, 05:32:26 AM »
Woah, I've never seen that before, yeah that would do it. Glad you got it fixed, you've been having some bad luck lately.
1986 AS GXL Turbo swapped
1993 VR R1

Offline toplessFC3Sman

« Reply #80 on: August 06, 2018, 09:08:28 AM »
Wow, that's definitely an unusual failure mode!

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
« Reply #81 on: August 06, 2018, 09:31:31 AM »
Oh yes, luck has not seem to have been on my side lately.  I am hoping things improve here soon.  It was truly an odd failure to get.  Luckily i keep old belts that were in good condition and have the extra pulley laying around.
"Long Live Rotary"