Author Topic: Lemons/ Chump FC Interest Thread  (Read 31143 times)

Offline Big Don Straitiff

Re: Lemons/ Chump FC Interest Thread
« Reply #165 on: February 09, 2016, 07:12:09 PM »
It would be WAY TOO COOL to run at the Glen!  I was there for the last F1 race held there in 1980.  Was there a couple of times to support the teams racing F-cars in 24 hour IMSA Firehawk races around 1990, plus or minus a year.

Offline ITSWILL

• Rotary God!!
« Reply #166 on: February 12, 2016, 04:24:26 PM »
Gents,

I just heard today from another lemons racer and I verified that new for 2016 they are requiring a head and neck restraint (hans device).  I just wanted to give everyone the heads up as these are kinda pricey.
86 Base LS1 w/100 shot
88 TII 20B T70 turbo

Offline ITSWILL

• Rotary God!!
« Reply #167 on: February 13, 2016, 05:59:56 AM »
Also found some safety gear packages that lemons endorses/sells.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
86 Base LS1 w/100 shot
88 TII 20B T70 turbo

Offline murz

« Reply #168 on: February 14, 2016, 01:43:59 PM »
Finally getting around to post some pictures.

Alternator mounted, with double pulleys, as well as water pump mounted.

Shifter linkage looks great!

1986 AS GXL Turbo swapped
1993 VR R1

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
    • Elegant Lady Bridal and Tuxedo
« Reply #169 on: February 14, 2016, 09:52:21 PM »
Getting the belt really helped in figuring out the water pump.
"Long Live Rotary"

An RX-7 is like having a slut as a gf! She will love you, but she will also screw around with the guy at the parts store, most of the local cops, your insurance agent, your apex seals, your bank account and your credit card!!!

Offline Senketsu

« Reply #170 on: February 15, 2016, 09:46:54 PM »
all remaining budget at the end of the build must be spent on these You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline murz

« Reply #171 on: February 16, 2016, 05:16:16 AM »
Hahaha nice!
1993 VR R1

Offline ITSWILL

• Rotary God!!
« Reply #172 on: February 17, 2016, 04:58:06 AM »
Great pictures!

This Saturday is supposed to be in the low 50s. We could have open garage door weather again.

This Saturday's goals are:

Dons: complete air intake box
Marcus and Will:complete exhaust system
Rich: connect radiator to engine and install electric fan
86 Base LS1 w/100 shot
88 TII 20B T70 turbo

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
« Reply #173 on: February 29, 2016, 08:50:56 AM »
Will and I got the exhaust completed this weekend.  Should just have a couple of minor things to get done and then pull the engine for the build.
"Long Live Rotary"

An RX-7 is like having a slut as a gf! She will love you, but she will also screw around with the guy at the parts store, most of the local cops, your insurance agent, your apex seals, your bank account and your credit card!!!

Offline Big Don Straitiff

« Reply #174 on: March 03, 2016, 11:14:03 AM »
Are we on for this Saturday (Mar 5th)?  I'll bring additional air box materials.

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
« Reply #175 on: March 03, 2016, 12:52:00 PM »
we are on for every sat.  At least Will and I will be there
"Long Live Rotary"

Offline ITSWILL

• Rotary God!!
« Reply #176 on: March 06, 2016, 09:16:07 AM »
Here is a picture of the completed exhaust from last Saturday.

86 Base LS1 w/100 shot
88 TII 20B T70 turbo

Offline ITSWILL

• Rotary God!!
« Reply #177 on: March 17, 2016, 08:42:39 AM »
I just wanted to give everyone an update on our current timing.  Assuming everyone can make it every Saturday and put in a full days work we will have the car completed and ready to start it and start working out bugs on the 28th of May.  Realistically things will go wrong and best case on average 1 person won't be able to make it per week. This pushes us back to June 11th and this is where we can just start testing and trouble shooting.

After June 11th we should have the obvious issues fixed and we will be ready to start tuning the engine and fixing other on road bugs this is going to take a bare minimum of a month.  This puts us at the middle of July.

After that we need to test and tune the suspension, steering and brakes on the road and on the track at least another month here too.  This puts us at the middle of August and we will have missed our July 23rd race.

But we still aren't done at that point. We need to put together replacement parts, like the engine, transmission, driveshaft, differential, etc and install them and make sure they work this basically brings us to October.

So, we have basically 2 options here.

Option 1:We get serious and bust our asses and work  the equivalent of 2 full days a week (Maybe add a couple days after work or something) and that could shave 9 weeks putting us at completion August 1st, which is clearly not July 15 which is our drop dead completion date to make the July race.  I don't know what everyone else thinks but I am also willing to take carcation days from work to get us where we need to be.

Option 2: We miss the July 23rd race (lame) and race one race this year on October 8th. The big risk here is that we get out there, something goes terribly wrong, the race is a bust and we wont have another opportunity to race until 2017.

Not an option 3: We keep working at the current pace and we will be lucky to race in 2017 ( seriously)

I promise you guys this timing is realistic and we will not race this year if we continue the way we are so please think about this and let me know what you guys want to do?

My vote is to bust ass and try to get it done for July.

86 Base LS1 w/100 shot
88 TII 20B T70 turbo

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
« Reply #178 on: March 17, 2016, 09:56:49 AM »
lets bust ass.  We should be doing repair parts concurrently with other parts.  granted some things need to be in place in order to make.  What parts still need to be purchased.  We need to get them on hand and that will help speed up our time.
"Long Live Rotary"

Offline murz

« Reply #179 on: March 17, 2016, 10:35:43 AM »
I'll be there the next two Saturdays, then I'll be out of state for work for two weekends. Late April I'll start being on call on weekends as well, which is about one weekend a month, I can still wrench, but will need to be near my computer at all times.

School started back up this week, so my week days and Sunday are pretty much spoken for. I'm hoping this quarter is a easier than last quarter, if so I could try and drop by after work on Fridays, or maybe a Sunday.

I totally want to race in July, but just want you guys to know... School sucks. I'm doing what I can though.
1993 VR R1