Author Topic: Lemons/ Chump FC Interest Thread  (Read 31124 times)

Offline ITSWILL

• Rotary God!!
Re: Lemons/ Chump FC Interest Thread
« Reply #195 on: April 29, 2016, 03:25:51 PM »
Also the rear of the car weighs 1160 pounds and the front weight 1340 pounds for a 53/47 weight distribution.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
86 Base LS1 w/100 shot
88 TII 20B T70 turbo

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
    • Elegant Lady Bridal and Tuxedo
« Reply #196 on: May 02, 2016, 06:10:59 AM »
Hopefully with the stuff that we had tossed in the car was over the weight of the things left to go into the car we should make it.  Plus we managed to remove an additional 63+lbs off of the car through removal of brackets and headlight assemblies, plus other rubberized things that are not needed.

I think that we can make it under 2500lbs and keep it there easily.  If all else fails we slap a rotary back into it and run it.   I think in the end we wont exceed 2450lbs.
"Long Live Rotary"

An RX-7 is like having a slut as a gf! She will love you, but she will also screw around with the guy at the parts store, most of the local cops, your insurance agent, your apex seals, your bank account and your credit card!!!

Offline ITSWILL

• Rotary God!!
« Reply #197 on: May 02, 2016, 11:16:40 AM »
I'm hoping for under 2400!
86 Base LS1 w/100 shot
88 TII 20B T70 turbo

Offline ITSWILL

• Rotary God!!
« Reply #198 on: May 03, 2016, 05:28:27 AM »
I withdrew us from the 24 hours of Lemons race at Joliet.  Full steam ahead on the Chump Car!
86 Base LS1 w/100 shot
88 TII 20B T70 turbo

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
« Reply #199 on: May 03, 2016, 06:40:20 AM »
alright sounds good.  Lets get this car done and running
"Long Live Rotary"

An RX-7 is like having a slut as a gf! She will love you, but she will also screw around with the guy at the parts store, most of the local cops, your insurance agent, your apex seals, your bank account and your credit card!!!

Offline ITSWILL

• Rotary God!!
« Reply #200 on: November 13, 2016, 05:48:50 AM »
It has almost been a year since we started the Chump car and I am itching to get working on it again!  I have made a bunch of room in the pole barn so we should be able to work on the chump car with plenty of roomy in the little garage. Let me know when you guys are ready to get started again. The engine is close to running so that will be my first task. The seats and fire system are almost in too, so that's a task that could be worked on right away as well.  We made good progress last winter, if we can do it again we should be ready to race all summer in 2017!
86 Base LS1 w/100 shot
88 TII 20B T70 turbo

Offline murz

« Reply #201 on: November 14, 2016, 08:01:25 AM »
This season is going to be near impossible for me to find time. Finishing up my classes in March, and so far I've been putting over 20 hrs in just homework over the weekends. Week days are booked with classes and, hopefully soon moving in and all that jazz.

It's been crazy so far, and I haven't even closed yet. I miss wrenching with you guys, we were pretty darn close to getting her fired up too!
1986 AS GXL Turbo swapped
1993 VR R1

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
« Reply #202 on: November 14, 2016, 11:27:14 AM »
I am looking forward to getting some work done on the car.  We got it pushed into the heated garage last night.  I am thinking Saturdays again, like 10am to whenever.  I know holidays are right around the corner but lets get this fired up before the new year!!!
"Long Live Rotary"

Offline ITSWILL

• Rotary God!!
« Reply #203 on: January 01, 2017, 06:23:18 PM »
Today Don and Rich came over. Don started working on mounting the seat and took it home to finish up. Rich finished mounting the battery box and fuse holder and installed the O2 sensor.  He also painted the spare tow hook.  I finished wiring the Air fuel ratio, coolant temp and oil pressure gauges.  I also finished wiring the wipers.

I'll try to get the tone wheel and crank sensor bracket re-designed this week so we can fire the engine soon!

86 Base LS1 w/100 shot
88 TII 20B T70 turbo

Offline ITSWILL

• Rotary God!!
« Reply #204 on: January 02, 2017, 07:12:29 AM »
I also picked up a HANS device the other day.  I got the HANS sport III new off of ebay for $330, they sell for $550 to $600. Almost seems too good to be true but we'll see when it arrives in a few days.

Here is the link:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
86 Base LS1 w/100 shot
88 TII 20B T70 turbo

Offline ITSWILL

• Rotary God!!
« Reply #205 on: May 01, 2017, 09:36:56 AM »
Yesterday Don got the detachable steering wheel finished after some fabrication over the week. He also got all the fluids filled and established TDC. Last week he brought the tone wheel and bracket for the hall sensor.

After some time Marcus and I got the Megasquirt to connect to the laptop.  Eventually, we found that we needed to upgrade the firmware to run MS Extra. Just before Marcus left we confirmed that we were getting 4 wasted spark ignition outputs on the Jim Stim.  After everyone left I set the rest of the base Calibration (tune) on the MS.

This week I will confirm the rest of the wiring and we should be ready to start the engine this weekend.
86 Base LS1 w/100 shot
88 TII 20B T70 turbo

Offline murz

« Reply #206 on: May 15, 2017, 09:53:28 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login The Chump car Starts!!!!

1986 AS GXL Turbo swapped
1993 VR R1

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
« Reply #207 on: May 17, 2017, 12:26:33 PM »
potato patatoh potato patatoh potato patatoh potato patatoh potato patatoh potato patatoh potato patatoh potato patatoh potato patatoh potato patatoh potato patatoh potato patatoh potato patatoh potato patatoh 
"Long Live Rotary"