Author Topic: Moving Back to MI  (Read 4294 times)

Offline Mark.c0000

Moving Back to MI
« on: November 20, 2015, 01:09:40 PM »
Hi I'm currently in the Houston Texas area but originally from Michigan. I will be moving back in the next few months with my 04 rx8 6 speed daily driver. I thought this would be a good place to find other rotary people and maybe even find a good place to line up a second motor to buy when I get back home. I lived in the algonac area and worked off 18 and mound and will hopefully get the same job back...

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
    • Elegant Lady Bridal and Tuxedo
Re: Moving Back to MI
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2015, 01:44:05 PM »
We look forward to meeting you.  We have a solid core of people and we like to try to get together reguarly.  Most ppl on here have FCs but some have rx8s and FDs.  We have had a few people join recently with FBs. Either way we are all happy to help you out in anyway we can.  Welcome to the forum.
"Long Live Rotary"

An RX-7 is like having a slut as a gf! She will love you, but she will also screw around with the guy at the parts store, most of the local cops, your insurance agent, your apex seals, your bank account and your credit card!!!

Offline murz

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2015, 03:30:11 PM »
Hey! Welcome to the club! I'm not far from 18 and Mound, let us know when you're moved in. Got any pictures?
1986 AS GXL Turbo swapped
1993 VR R1

Offline Mark.c0000

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2015, 05:21:52 PM »
Yes I do have some pictures. I don't like the front plate being required in tx.

The car is almost to 200,000 miles now. Ran really bad when I bought it. Had to seafood it like 4 times and start premixing just to get it to run ok. Guy I got it from said he babies it so not a real surprise it didn't want to run.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 05:57:52 PM by Mark.c0000 »

Offline murz

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2015, 12:51:34 PM »
Very nice and clean. Yeah I'm glad Michigan doesn't require a front plate.
1986 AS GXL Turbo swapped
1993 VR R1

Offline Mark.c0000

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2015, 03:59:22 PM »
It's not really all that clean it just photographs well lol. It's got a small dent in the roof by the drivers door that annoys me every time i get in and stone chips in the front. No rust really any place on it because it's a tx car but I do have quite a few scrapes on the bottom of the car from taller speed bumps. Driver seat has a small rip starting in the leather and the top is missing off the shift knob too. It's not bad for the miles on the car though. I hope to have the extra cash to pick up an fc sometime in the future so I can take the time to fix this 8 up and keep using it as a family car. My oldest girl (3) loves going for rides in it.