Author Topic: Premix  (Read 3060 times)

Offline Mark.c0000

Premix
« on: November 21, 2015, 11:21:59 PM »
I'm sure most of the people on here premix. Just wondering what you are using and pros and cons with what you use or have used in the past. I'm using normal 2 stroke marine oil right now with no problems yet but I know my motor is coming up on its last days some time soon.

Offline murz

Re: Premix
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2015, 12:56:25 PM »
I premix both of my rx7s, I use... hmmm not quite sure of the name but it's TWC3? anyways, i get it at O'Reilys/autozone out here. If I ever own an Rx8, especially the earlier years, I would definitely premix, I'm sure you could get them to last well over 150k miles if done early on, especially because of the oiling issues they had.

Only cons I see with premixing are just the extra time it takes at the pump, which really isn't that bad at all, considering it extends the engine's life considerably.
1986 AS GXL Turbo swapped
1993 VR R1

Offline pjr

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2015, 06:00:17 PM »

Tagging on. Pettit gave me a gallon of his pre-mix additive with the car, but definitely need a local source for pre-mix.  I always relied on my OMP in the past, so this is something new for me.

Offline Chibana

• My Website
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2015, 11:00:48 AM »
I've been using Royal Purple 2-stroke oil for years, after emailing them to be sure it was OK for this application.
2014 Mazda3s GT Hatchback
2009 Sparkling Black Mica RX-8 GT
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
    • Elegant Lady Bridal and Tuxedo
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2015, 10:50:12 AM »
I dont pre-mix either of my cars.
"Long Live Rotary"

An RX-7 is like having a slut as a gf! She will love you, but she will also screw around with the guy at the parts store, most of the local cops, your insurance agent, your apex seals, your bank account and your credit card!!!