Author Topic: 1988 20B TII  (Read 401 times)

Offline fidelity101

Re: 1988 20B TII
« Reply #75 on: September 10, 2012, 04:14:00 PM »
ooohhhh I like the duct work.

Offline toplessFC3Sman

« Reply #76 on: September 11, 2012, 09:03:50 PM »
I know it may sound like sacrilege, but you might want to consider punching a couple vents in the undertray so that any possible leaks or water that runs under the hood has a place to drain. Definitely do it behind the radiator, IC & oil cooler so that you don't allow the pressure there to escape tho.

The fab work looks very nice, and everything seems to fit well.  Did you have use of a sheetmetal brake, or did you do it with a couple 2x4's and clamps?  Either way, it came out well man!

Offline fidelity101

« Reply #77 on: September 12, 2012, 01:39:41 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I know it may sound like sacrilege, but you might want to consider punching a couple vents in the undertray so that any possible leaks or water that runs under the hood has a place to drain. Definitely do it behind the radiator, IC & oil cooler so that you don't allow the pressure there to escape tho.

The fab work looks very nice, and everything seems to fit well.  Did you have use of a sheetmetal brake, or did you do it with a couple 2x4's and clamps?  Either way, it came out well man!

screw that! just make sure the top side is super polished and accelerate and it will all drain out the back! lol.

Offline ITSWILL

• Rotary God!!
« Reply #78 on: November 11, 2012, 05:14:10 PM »

Yeah, a couple holes might be a good idea. The sides were bent up with a brake and the rest was bent with a piece of angle iron and C clamps.
86 Base LS1 w/100 shot
88 TII 20B T70 turbo

Offline ITSWILL

• Rotary God!!
« Reply #79 on: November 11, 2012, 05:22:30 PM »
Well I drove over an hour to Andrews house to put her up for the winter. Everything went pretty well until it died and wouldn't start right in front of his house. Lucky me, we just pushed it in the rest of the way.  I'll have to check the logs and see what happened. One way or another it was a fun drive. I also want to say thanks to Topless for all the help with the tuning so far.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 05:24:53 PM by ITSWILL »
86 Base LS1 w/100 shot
88 TII 20B T70 turbo

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
    • Elegant Lady Bridal and Tuxedo
« Reply #80 on: November 13, 2012, 11:10:31 AM »
It was a beautiful day for the drive down there.  I am glad the car died right in front of Andrews house and not a few miles away.  That made it getting it to its winter home that much easier.
"Long Live Rotary"

An RX-7 is like having a slut as a gf! She will love you, but she will also screw around with the guy at the parts store, most of the local cops, your insurance agent, your apex seals, your bank account and your credit card!!!

Offline ITSWILL

• Rotary God!!
« Reply #81 on: June 24, 2016, 11:26:02 PM »
Today I was thinking about that drive to Andrew's house in the video.  I found myself driving my LS1 car down the same roads, but making sweet open wastegate 20B sounds...  I think I really need to get back to this project.
86 Base LS1 w/100 shot
88 TII 20B T70 turbo

Offline Senketsu

« Reply #82 on: June 26, 2016, 08:19:12 PM »
Get it up and running again! I lost the video I had of wonderful 20b burnouts and I need another!