New Members Help and Forum > Introduce yourself

New from Big Rapids

(1/3) > >>

FCSTARK:
Hello,

My name is Ian and I have an 87 Rx-7. I currently attend Ferris State for Automotive Management.

I got my FC3S a little over a year ago and a friend of mine mentioned that I should join the club. When I originally purchased the car it was bone stock. Since then I have started a little bit of a building process on it with the help of my friend Jake that has been a really big help in any of the questions that I have had. I am not completely sure what I plan on doing with the car as a final project but so far I have installed lowering springs, from my friend that no longer needed them since he has coilovers now, I am in the process of removing the emissions rats nest, blocking off the air pump and egr, blocking off the oil injection, removing the power steering pump and lines, a/c delete and hopefully acquiring an electric fan to take over for the viscous fan. Im not sure where I want to end with the build but so far I am happy where it is going.

I am excited to learn what I can from everyone in the club and I hope to hangout with some of the people in the club when it may be possible.

~Groll69~:
Nice looking car and welcome to the club

FCSTARK:
Thanks!

ITSWILL:
Welcome to the club.  I think we have some Ferris state alumni on here.

I would recommend you leave your rats nest, air pump and EGR alone if everything is otherwise stock.  Deleting the oil injectors is up to you but it makes things inconvenient when filling up.  On the plus side the lubrication is better with premix if done right. I don't think these cars need power steering either, others would disagree.  When you delete the power steering make sure you do it the right way by welding the quill and packing it with grease or swap it out for a manual rack or else it will feel sloppy and wear out prematurely. I never had a problem with the stock mechanical fan on an RX-7, I have however had 2 electric fans fail and leave me on the side of the road in RX-7s.  Good luck going forward with your build.

murz:
Welcome to the club Ian! These cares are excellent platforms whether staying stock or going full out modified, or in between. I know it's hard to go all out with a build while in school, but if you have any questions let us know. Got any more pictures of your car? Looks great!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version