Author Topic: Turn Signal  (Read 1171 times)

Offline FCSTARK

Turn Signal
« on: May 19, 2016, 08:29:38 AM »
So the other day I needed to replace a stretch of wire on my positive cable. Since I did that, I no longer have turn signals. I Still have brake lights, reverse lights and headlights. But I have nothing for turn signals. They dont light up on the dash and I dont hear the relay clicking. Has anyone ran into this situation before or has any recommendations as to what I should look further into?

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
    • Elegant Lady Bridal and Tuxedo
Re: Turn Signal
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 12:04:54 PM »
Did you check you fuses?  I am thinking a fuse may have blown when you reconnected to the battery. 

If it did blow, there are fuses that will light up when the blow them.  Makes it really easy to find your blown fuse.
"Long Live Rotary"

An RX-7 is like having a slut as a gf! She will love you, but she will also screw around with the guy at the parts store, most of the local cops, your insurance agent, your apex seals, your bank account and your credit card!!!

Offline FCSTARK

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 03:44:29 PM »
What fuse would it be? I looked through the ones under the driver's side dash and couldn't find any blown ones. I just checked and my hazards light up and work so I'm thinking I could have blown the relay

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2016, 06:18:46 AM »
that's possible.  I don't remember if that relay would be in the front bumper or not.  need to check the electrical schematics.
"Long Live Rotary"

An RX-7 is like having a slut as a gf! She will love you, but she will also screw around with the guy at the parts store, most of the local cops, your insurance agent, your apex seals, your bank account and your credit card!!!

Offline ITSWILL

• Rotary God!!
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2016, 07:35:10 AM »
What stretch of positive cable did you replace? Also, your "CPU" as mazda calls it controls the flasher. It's the black box by the fuse block. If your hazards work I think your flasher is fine. I would check between your signal switch and that CPU. Maybe something is disconnected.
86 Base LS1 w/100 shot
88 TII 20B T70 turbo

Offline FCSTARK

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2016, 12:44:40 PM »
I replaced about a 6 inch section that was too short from a previous owner and they just clamped on a new stretch of wire. I started to take my dash apart and after couldn't get my steering wheel off I gave up and put it all back together. I decided to give it a shot and somehow they started working again. Didn't actually unplug anything or reconnect it so I'm lost as to why it works again but I'll take it lol

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2016, 02:24:59 PM »
glad they are working again.  we can always look later and see if maybe you have a loose connection. 
"Long Live Rotary"

Offline FCSTARK

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2016, 07:49:38 PM »
That's what I plan on doing later if I decide to either swap interior or get a new steering wheel