Generation Specific > 1st Generation Specific

fiix me before my owner pulls the rest of his hair out

<< < (2/3) > >>

~Groll69~:
not sure how a colder plug would help or hurt it for the track, but your issue seems to arise after you have been using the car for a while like something is over heating and failing and then you have to wait for what ever failed to cool down and allow the car to run right.  I did have an issue with my 87 rx7 NA when I left the airport, it ran well as I kicked up the rpm.  When I tried to kick up the rpm on the on ramp to the highway it would sputter out and not rev above 3500 and had no power.  I was afraid of needing a tow at 1am.  It turned out the connector to the mass airflow sensor can partitally unplug.  It was at an angle on the connector.  it took a bit for me to figure out that was the issue, because I could start it and idle but had no load and would die out when I tried to go anywhere.   

Short story is check to see if your mass airflow meter is starting to fail.

~Groll69~:
any luck?

gzfqy6:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Loginany luck?

--- End quote ---
Have not done anything. Drove it down to Mid-Ohio for the vintage weekend with no problem and continue to drive it regularly to work.  As mentioned it only acts up after spending $$$ for a track weekend.  I have a dyno lined up to run for an hour.... maybe that will set it off.  Quite frankly I am too old and have too many other responsibilities to get into working on cars anymore.....I used to enjoy it as a rewarding challenge..... now it is just an annoying chore.

~Groll69~:
true, but its great when its running right.   As long as you maintain the little stuff then it helps to enjoy the car a lot more.

gzfqy6:
forgot to post after finely getting a result.  Apparently it was an intermittent TPS malfunction.  Replaced and all is well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version