Generation Specific > 3rd Generation Specific

Update on the new FD...

<< < (3/3)

pjr:

Off to Bansai!   Transported by car down to IN for some of Chris's magic. The primary goal with intercooler, PFC, and tune.   He's found other issues... nothing major, but just some shoddy work by prior shops and/or owners that just missed my radar. The list is surprisingly long....

Initial dyno was 282 rwhp.... looking forward to the end game! Of course, not in a rush. We have 3 months before I even dream of taking the car back out.

~Groll69~:
what's the list of things found?  what are you planning for an end game with it?

pjr:
They found dumb stuff.... Koyo Radiator improperly installed; fan wired incorrectly; a/f was "pig rich" followed by a boost spike;  wheels were installed without the hub-centric rings; the Ohlins that I recently had installed were on the wrong sides...and metal shavings from idler pulley alignment issue! Did vacuum simplification, AST elimination Pettet intercooler, GReddy elbow, PFC, Denso Supra fuel pump; also installed their diff and trans braces along with an R1 strut brace that I recently acquired locally but hadn't installed yet. 

Goes back on the dyno next week.  The "after" result should be interesting! Not that the car was slow at over 280 rwhp, but I'm anticipating an extra 40 and a smoother curve....

murz:
How did the car do after all that?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version