New Members Help and Forum > Lounge

body work

(1/3) > >>

~Groll69~:
anyone do decent body work?  I want to get going one the body work for my car in order to repaint it.  I need help with all of the prep work for it.

murz:
Not me, but I don't mind helping with the prep work. My good buddy's father owns a body shop in Pontiac, and they have plenty of RX7 experience, not that it matters.

~Groll69~:
I want to get serious on the body work, definitely need help with prep work.  Need someone who knows what's going on and how to prep it properly so that I can get it completely ready for paint.

ITSWILL:
You need to completely remove any rust and weld patches in place. You need to get a 110v welding machine to start. Once you get that done you have to pull and smooth all the dents and straighten and other damage. The body filler to buy is called rage gold. Don't waste your time or money on bondo.  I know what needs to be done and I can give yiu some guidance and lend you some tools, but I hate doing body work.

I know I have told you this before and I understand why it's not an option for you but it would be a lot cheaper and easier to buy a clean shell and swap stuff.

~Groll69~:
I would love to have a turn table rack for the car.  that way I can rotate the car to work on it without a lift.  harbor freight welder seemed to have a lot of good reviews.  I will have to pick that up since it is in my price range.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version