Author Topic: 1986 RX-7 for sale/for parts  (Read 1878 times)

Offline Njc711

1986 RX-7 for sale/for parts
« on: October 13, 2016, 05:59:56 AM »
Hey guys,

I'm gonna be straight honest here about the condition.

I have a drift RX-7 I bought that I thought I could save but it proved itself way to much work for me. Its motor is in great condition. It was freshly rebuilt before I bought it. The transmission shifter is sloppier than a 1 year old eating cereal but if you can find the slot, the gears go in well with no grinding. It has a bad alternator but that was the straw that broke this camels back.

The body is about a 2/10 condition honestly. It has a few good parts but other not so good parts. Its spray painted white with a black hood. Don't ask, I didn't do it. The bumper is currently held on by zipties due to a hit and run in a parking lot at my work.

The interior is half stripped. The back half is completely gone but the front is mostly there. The only thing missing is the radio. Seats are in great condition. All the doors/windows work except pass door doesn't open from the outside. The steering wheel is a Sparco NRG quick release wheel.

The best/worst part. The ignition system is a bit less than sketchy. The car doesn't use a key to start. Instead it runs off of switches where the radio used to be. The system works and only hiccup is the headlights also function as the power switch. Also included on the switch board is a coolant temp sensor because the one on the dash quit and I couldn't figure out why so I just put in an in line one in.

The engine is a 13b all original other than the intake. It has the 3800RPM hiccup but I have narrowed it down to the secondaries being clogged. Its the only mechanical issue other the alternator.

It comes with 7 wheels plus a spare. There are 3 of one set and 4 of another. They all hold air but one of the sets doesn't fit in the front cause of interference with the shock. All of the wheels wither go with the car or to the dump, whichever the buyer wants.

I'm looking for $1000 just to make it so I don't feel as as bad about how much I dropped on everything but I am open to offers. It will drive where ever you want to go once the alternator is fixed but it can also be a good candidate for a parts car in terms of engine, brakes or hubs, which alone would cost more than this car is worth.

I'll attach pictures soon but some are a bit older than others.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 06:02:30 AM by Njc711 »

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
    • Elegant Lady Bridal and Tuxedo
Re: 1986 RX-7 for sale/for parts
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 07:21:14 AM »
about how many miles on the rebuild?  who did the rebuild?  If you did it, what rebuild kit did you use?
"Long Live Rotary"

An RX-7 is like having a slut as a gf! She will love you, but she will also screw around with the guy at the parts store, most of the local cops, your insurance agent, your apex seals, your bank account and your credit card!!!