Author Topic: FS: 1985 K20 Chevy Suburban 3/4 ton 4WD  (Read 2738 times)

Offline fidelity101

FS: 1985 K20 Chevy Suburban 3/4 ton 4WD
« on: February 09, 2017, 07:08:10 AM »
The time has come, this has been an awesome truck but I need a different truck for my needs now.

I have for sale a 1985 chevrolet suburban K20 with the Silverado package. This is originally a Texas trust and has very minimal rust. Floors are all original and there is no bondo on this truck all original panels, comes with dents and scratches from age but is overall very solid. I have owned this truck for the past several years and I knew the owners who had it before me for several years where it mostly sat in a barn, original owners were from texas. The only rust on it is on the passenger side rear where someone had backed a trailer into it causing a good size dent near the bumper but it has not rusted through and I have driven it during Michigan winters.  Underneath has been over a gallon of bedliner to protect the metal and frame.

This truck shows 79k miles on it, but the odometer is only 5 digits. It was originally a diesel 6.2 but swapped with a GM performance aka GM goodwrench crate engine. It is rated at 260hp and 350tq with 4 barrel carb and manifolds.  It has a new edelbrock carb and performer intake manifold. Less than 20k miles on the engine – I have paperwork to back up new engine. MANUAL transmission SM465 with creeper gear, top gear is 1:1  no overdrive 4x4 works flawlessly! It uses a Kenworth shift knob but the buttons do not do anything.

Here are the key details:
•   Full aftermarket autometer gauges
•   Manual transmission
•   New crate engine
o   4-bolt main with 2-piece rear main seal
o   Cast iron crankshaft
o   LT1/LT4 powdered metal connecting rods
o   Cast pistons (dished)
o   Cast Hydraulic flat tappet cam (.383''/.401'' and 112° lobe separation)
o   8.5:1 compression ratio
•   4.10 axle ratio with NP208 T-case w/ floor shifter and warn locking front hubs
•   14 bolt rear axle with locker
•   10 bolt front axle open differential
•   Gas tank skid plate (Silverado package)
•   Fully maintained, needs no fluids or u-joints or wheel bearings have been replaced with the past 2 years
•   Balljoints and suspension overhauled within the last 12 months
•   Bilstein shocks
•   New brakes all around (less than 1000 miles on them)
•   Extra rust free tailgate w/o stickers
•   Brake controller included
•   35” toyos all terrains are new (~15k miles)
•   Serpentine belt swap (no more annoying V-belt whine
•   Factory equipped hydroboost
•   HD radiator (originally equipped for the diesel) with twin electric fans wired to a thermostat
•   Hooker headers and custom mandrel bent true dual exhaust with real mufflers
•   Recent tune up (cap/coil/rotor) and oil change
•   Windshield replaced in 2014
•   Upgraded washer pump for more capacity and higher volume
•   New alternator and newish power steering pump, water pump, engine dampener
•   CB radio with whip

Like I said this is a well maintained truck, all it needs is a 6” lift kit and this would be your ultimate off road vehicle. Located NW of detroit in Waterford MI

here are some photos:

Offline fidelity101

Re: FS: 1985 K20 Chevy Suburban 3/4 ton 4WD
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 07:08:49 AM »

located in waterford, 4000 OBO