Author Topic: Selling my 1980 Mazda RX7 - 93k Ferndale, MI  (Read 1500 times)

Offline erickrause

Selling my 1980 Mazda RX7 - 93k Ferndale, MI
« on: April 13, 2017, 06:17:01 AM »
Anyone who has been to the Dream Cruise event has probably seen this.  I have it listed at $4300 on craigslist, but the price is much more negotiable to forum members.  I'll be taking pics of interior and engine this weekend.  Best to text/call me at 2482173782 if interested.

Here's my description from Craigslist:

It's in nice shape with minimal rust, including the underbody. I have only driven it in the summer. It has been repainted with red single-stage paint that looks okay. There are some bumps and bruises on the body, but nothing that couldn't be fixed relatively easily. It's a good "15-footer" at the moment. To make it perfect, some dent/rust repair and a new paint job would really set it off.

I've done a fair amount of work to it, since I've owned it. I bought it in February, 2015. The work includes:

Custom exhaust with Magnaflow presilencer and muffler (4/15)
Complete tuneup (new fuel filter, distributor cap, rotor, iridium plugs, and new spark plug wires) (4/15)
New intake gasket (7/15)
New tie rods (5/16)
New ball joints (5/16)
Lowered suspension with Racing Beat springs and KYB GR2 Struts/Shocks (5/16)
New/upgraded 80 amp alternator (8/16)
New alternator/air pump belts (8/16)
New battery (3/17)

Mechanically, the car is in good shape. It runs well, especially after warming up. It does smoke a little upon a cold start, but this is common with these engines, especially when carbureted. A prior owner removed the air conditioning, so that is nonfunctional. It also needs some work to get the blower fan working. Since I only drive it in the summer, I haven't worried about it. I just roll down the windows and go.

Overall, it's a great car. I would love to keep it, but we're going to be looking to buy a house this summer and could use the extra money.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 06:24:18 AM by erickrause »

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
    • Elegant Lady Bridal and Tuxedo
Re: Selling my 1980 Mazda RX7 - 93k Ferndale, MI
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 11:15:50 AM »
I hate to see you sell it, it is a nice car.  I wish I had the money and a proper parking space for it.  I would love to take this off your hands for you.
"Long Live Rotary"

An RX-7 is like having a slut as a gf! She will love you, but she will also screw around with the guy at the parts store, most of the local cops, your insurance agent, your apex seals, your bank account and your credit card!!!

Offline erickrause

Re: Selling my 1980 Mazda RX7 - 93k Ferndale, MI
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 01:50:37 PM »
Yup, it's just one of those situations where I could use the money more than the car right now.  But if I have to keep it, so be it.  I'm not going to sell it to anyone for less than what it's worth to me, so it may move to the new house with us.   :)